+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is this a request for interview?!

Foxxbbe

Oct 14, 2012
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Niagara Falls will contact you concerning your permanent resident status.
Please note: At the time of your appointment, you and your family members, if any, will be required to present the original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents.

Mez007

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2012
AOR Received.
20-02-2012
File Transfer...
20-04-2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2012
no, Congrats!!

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
It appears just to be a 'landing interview' where they verify everything is accurate. But we aren't far enough along in our process to have received one. Someone who has received one will confirm for you. The letter does say after all: "We are PLEASED to advise you . . . processing has been COMPLETED."

I'd say 'CONGRATS'!!

Foxxbbe

Oct 14, 2012
Can you please tell me what it is? I am so nervous I can die a thousand deaths right now! Lol
I thought the "we are pleased to advise you"part was positive too but you never know with these people

devine777

Jun 25, 2012
Foxxbbe said:
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Niagara Falls will contact you concerning your permanent resident status.
Please note: At the time of your appointment, you and your family members, if any, will be required to present the original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents.
Hi Foxxbbe,
Do you mind sharing your timeline? When did you file your application?
Thanks

Foxxbbe

Oct 14, 2012
Sent application on September 7,2011
Started processing my app on July 7,2012
First stage approval/ request for new med exam bc of expired-August 2,2012
New med done-Aug. 17,2012
Med results recieved-August 30,2012
My letter came in an email lastnight at 9:30 referring to this question

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
Foxxbbe said:
My letter came in an email lastnight at 9:30 referring to this question
congratulations!!! this means the second stage is complete and you have a PR interview left, which is a very simple one, they will basically verify the information. your local office will give you a date and you will get your landing papers. in the letter they will ask you about the last $490 landing fee if you haven't paid you have pay when you go there.
you should be dancing now :D you are almost done!

best of luck.

Teatime

Oct 4, 2012
Hi Foxbbe

I am in the exact situation as you and have the same concern. I can't answer it and I hope someone here will for us.

I have another question to add: I asked it earlier, but did not get a response:

I have my interview in a few days. I have to bring the $490 and my ID's plus 2 photos. It says to have the 2 photos for each persone on the application. So of course that is me, but it is not clear if my sponser/spouse needs the photos too. He is a Citizen of Canada, so of course he doesn't need a PR Card, but I really need to know if he needs to go get the PR photos.

Thanks in advance for your knowledge to whomever responds!

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
Teatime said:
Hi Foxbbe

I am in the exact situation as you and have the same concern. I can't answer it and I hope someone here will for us.

I have another question to add: I asked it earlier, but did not get a response:

I have my interview in a few days. I have to bring the $490 and my ID's plus 2 photos. It says to have the 2 photos for each persone on the application. So of course that is me, but it is not clear if my sponser/spouse needs the photos too. He is a Citizen of Canada, so of course he doesn't need a PR Card, but I really need to know if he needs to go get the PR photos.

Thanks in advance for your knowledge to whomever responds!

Hey, Teatime

for photos they mean 2 photos for YOU or any dependent if you have any. Not for your sponsor. this is just a standard template everyone gets.
all you need is your photos and documents plus the $490 fee if you haven't paid. at this its almost impossible to be denied unless you and your spouse break up before the interview or you do a serious crime lol so don't worry you are fine.

cheers! you should be dancing now! ;D

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
Foxxbbe said:
Now does anyone ever get denied at this point?
Hey, Foxxbbe
haha no unless you and your spouse break up before the interview or you do a serious crime.
consider it done.

you should celebrate now! :)

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
Foxxbbe said:
And thank you for the congrats, it has been one hell of a process
Hey, Foxxbbe
whats your timeline?

Foxxbbe

Oct 14, 2012
Great you've been such a good help! Thankyou!

My time line is:

My letter came in an email Saturday October 13,2012 at 9:30 referring to this question