+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is this a Red Flag

Osarodion

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Hello Guy,

I need y’all point of view on this plzzz. I knew my wife since 2014 she was introduced to me by her cousin. I live in Italy with asylum humanitarian protection status. My wife live in Canada. We’ve been communicating since then. Till we meet in 2016 and our relationship got supa dupa tight. That same year i moved to Germany to change my Humanitarian protection status From Italy to seek asylum in Germany, my asylum was Refused and i was ordered to volunteering leave Germany which i did in March 2017 and went back to Italy. My wife came to visit me when i was in Germany in February 2017. We got married in Italy October 2017
Filed in our application in February 2018

Now to the question i want to know from y’all point of view. Is this a RED FLAG since I seek asylum in two different countries?

Last edited:

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
don't worry about asylum.....your spousal sponsorship will be approved based on the proof of the your supporting documents and genuineness of your marriage/relationship

Reactions: msb and Osarodion

Osarodion

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
don't worry about asylum.....your spousal sponsorship will be approved based on the proof of the your supporting documents and genuineness of your marriage/relationship
Thanks wikki for your reply.
I was selected for an interview next month and they requested for more additional documents. Updated proof of relationship, communication, joint travel, finance etc

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks wikki for your reply.
I was selected for an interview next month and they requested for more additional documents. Updated proof of relationship, communication, joint travel, finance etc
If you were selected for an interview, this means IRCC has some concerns about your application and may doubt it's genuine. You want to make sure you bring plenty of evidence to the interview to show your relationship is genuine. You should also order your GCMS notes since this will give you detailed info regarding IRCC's concerns about your application.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello Guy,

I need y’all point of view on this plzzz. I knew my wife since 2014 she was introduced to me by her cousin. I live in Italy with asylum humanitarian protection status. My wife live in Canada. We’ve been communicating since then. Till we meet in 2016 and our relationship got supa dupa tight. That same year i moved to Germany to change my Humanitarian protection status From Italy to seek asylum in Germany, my asylum was Refused and i was ordered to volunteering leave Germany which i did in March 2017 and went back to Italy. My wife came to visit me when i was in Germany in February 2017. We got married in Italy October 2017
Filed in our application in February 2018

Now to the question i want to know from y’all point of view. Is this a RED FLAG since I seek asylum in two different countries?
Yes, big red flag. As scylla said above, IRCC has concerns about the genuineness of your relationship. How much time have you actually spent together in person?

Osarodion

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
If you were selected for an interview, this means IRCC has some concerns about your application and may doubt it's genuine. You want to make sure you bring plenty of evidence to the interview to show your relationship is genuine. You should also order your GCMS notes since this will give you detailed info regarding IRCC's concerns about your application.
How can i order for GCMS note? I haven’t heard of it before

Osarodion

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Yes, big red flag. As scylla said above, IRCC has concerns about the genuineness of your relationship. How much time have you actually spent together in person?
We’ve known each other since 2014. When we first met in person we spend two weeks together in 2016
When she came to visit me in Germany we spent two weeks together in February 2017
When we got married one week together October 2017
She came for another visit in March 2018 two weeks together and we traveled to France and Spain for holiday!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
We’ve known each other since 2014. When we first met in person we spend two weeks together in 2016
When she came to visit me in Germany we spent two weeks together in February 2017
When we got married one week together October 2017
She came for another visit in March 2018 two weeks together and we traveled to France and Spain for holiday!
That is very little time together in person. Where are you from? What are your ages? Do you have the same language/religion/culture/education?

Osarodion

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
That is very little time together in person. Where are you from? What are your ages? Do you have the same language/religion/culture/education?
We both from Nigerian, she grow up in Canada. Same age 33, same language, same religion, same culture, different education! I got my diploma in accounting and diploma in cnc machine tools operator. She got business management diploma and a Bachelor degree.

Last edited:

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
16-12-2016, AOR2 (RPRF req) 04/04/2017
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
22-10-2016 and passed, redone 16-11-2017
Interview........
26-10-2017 and approved for PR
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
Hi
I had a similar red flag with my husband
We met for one week in January 2016
Then i travelled back to his country in April 2016 and we got married.
The application was submitted in December 2016.
I travelled throughout 2017 and kept accumulating new proof in any event we had an interview. We took a lot of photos, i always stayed at his house and was always with his family, we visited places together in his country etc.
Lots of colleagues at work and friends, as well as family, wrote support letters giving examples of how genuine we are. I also took screen shots of chats, call logs and print outs of phone records, even though most calls were video chats (i simply took a screen shot of the incoming/outgoing video call logs from whats app).

I build a good case and by October 2017 we got his interview.
They really drilled him with questions, he worked hard at answering them and not leaving any without some sort of answer or explanation. They also questionned me separately.

We got approved, so with a lot of convincing evidence, it worked.

Good luck!

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
We both from Nigerian, she grow up in Canada. Same age 33, same language, same religion, same culture, different education! I got my diploma in accounting and diploma in cnc machine tools operator. She got business management diploma and a Bachelor degree.
My husband and I knew each other since 2004. Didn't see him from 2007 until 2013. we got married 2013. We only had seen each other for 5 weeks in 7 years. They were probably going to deny of application for that reason, but the fact that I moved to Saudi to be with him after we got married and had a child together when we applied, I think it was the only thing that saved our application. Take as much evidence as you possibly can, your going to need it! Good luck :)

Reactions: Osarodion

Osarodion

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Hi
I had a similar red flag with my husband
We met for one week in January 2016
Then i travelled back to his country in April 2016 and we got married.
The application was submitted in December 2016.
I travelled throughout 2017 and kept accumulating new proof in any event we had an interview. We took a lot of photos, i always stayed at his house and was always with his family, we visited places together in his country etc.
Lots of colleagues at work and friends, as well as family, wrote support letters giving examples of how genuine we are. I also took screen shots of chats, call logs and print outs of phone records, even though most calls were video chats (i simply took a screen shot of the incoming/outgoing video call logs from whats app).

I build a good case and by October 2017 we got his interview.
They really drilled him with questions, he worked hard at answering them and not leaving any without some sort of answer or explanation. They also questionned me separately.

We got approved, so with a lot of convincing evidence, it worked.

Good luck!
Thanks for your reply. Please can share with me the question both of you were asked on y’all interview day?

Reactions: msb

Osarodion

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
My husband and I knew each other since 2004. Didn't see him from 2007 until 2013. we got married 2013. We only had seen each other for 5 weeks in 7 years. They were probably going to deny of application for that reason, but the fact that I moved to Saudi to be with him after we got married and had a child together when we applied, I think it was the only thing that saved our application. Take as much evidence as you possibly can, your going to need it! Good luck :)
Thanks for your reply. Can
you please share with me your interview questions?

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Thanks for your reply. Can

you please share with me your interview questions?
They decided since I moved to Saudi t to be wth him and that we had a child they then, believed our relationship was for real. In the end, we were denied because he had a record from 12 yesrs ago. But we appealed and won.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
That all looks fine. It is likely the asylum claims and the little time spent together in person. You need to focus on addressing those concerns.

Reactions: msb and Osarodion