+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is this a good reference letter sample?

barhat

Nov 30, 2020
Canada
Request to all the seniors. Please, check the reference letter example below related to NOC 2174.

{Company letterhead with contact information (address, email and phone number)}

DATE

To Whom It May Concern,

This is to certify that NAME was a full-time employee of COMPANY (COUNTRY) from DATE to DATE as Software Developer, with a workload of 40 hours per week.

His main duties and responsibilities were as follows:

• Design and development of software modules in Java programming language, based on client requirements.
  • Identify and communicate technical problems and implement appropriate solutions in the form of computer programs.
  • Communicate with clients and evaluate client requests to understand software requirements.
  • Participate in all phases of the development, testing, and support of Java Enterprise Edition solutions for clients.
  • Planning, designing, coding, integrating, and testing Java desktop and web applications.
  • Perform revision, maintenance, or expansion of existing software programs to adapt to new requirements from clients.
  • Collaborate with team lead and other team members to manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
  • Research and evaluation of different software packages for the further development of existing systems.
His starting annual salary was AMOUNT (LOCAL CURRENCY). From DATE to DATE his annual salary was AMOUNT (LOCAL CURRENCY) with the same position.

Please do not hesitate to contact me by EMAIL or PHONE in case you have any questions related to NAME’s employment with our organization.

Regards,

POSITION

NAME

Last edited:

Mustafa83

Oct 17, 2017
Azerbaijan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Saskatchewan
NOC Code......
In my opinion it is a good one since it covers the main points necessary, such as your position, hours worked per week and your current salary.

However, a brief description of the company and types of its activity is missing. I guess a few sentences covering that before listing your duties might be a good option.

Reactions: barhat

barhat

Nov 30, 2020
Canada
In my opinion it is a good one since it covers the main points necessary, such as your position, hours worked per week and your current salary.

However, a brief description of the company and types of its activity is missing. I guess a few sentences covering that before listing your duties might be a good option.
Thank you!

I have not seen company descriptions in reference letters, but I can add that if necessary. Do I need to convert the salary to USD? Or is the local currency OK?

ayeetee

Jun 11, 2020
Request to all the seniors. Please, check the reference letter example below related to NOC 2174.

DATE

To Whom It May Concern,

This is to certify that NAME was a full-time employee of COMPANY (COUNTRY) from DATE to DATE as Software Developer, with a workload of 40 hours per week.

• Design and development of software modules in Java programming language, based on client requirements.
  • Identify and communicate technical problems and implement appropriate solutions in the form of computer programs.
  • Communicate with clients and evaluate client requests to understand software requirements.
  • Participate in all phases of the development, testing, and support of Java Enterprise Edition solutions for clients.
  • Planning, designing, coding, integrating, and testing Java desktop and web applications.
  • Perform revision, maintenance, or expansion of existing software programs to adapt to new requirements from clients.
  • Collaborate with team lead and other team members to manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
  • Research and evaluation of different software packages for the further development of existing systems.
His starting annual salary was AMOUNT (LOCAL CURRENCY). From DATE to DATE his annual salary was AMOUNT (LOCAL CURRENCY) with the same position.

Please do not hesitate to contact me by EMAIL or PHONE in case you have any questions related to NAME’s employment with our organization.

Regards,

POSITION

NAME
Overall it looks good. Just make sure that a good 3-5 of your responsibilities match the NOC code. Also for the descriptions, I would stick with either verbs or nouns. Don't use both.
Ex: Design and Develop..., Plan, design, code, etc...

Regarding describing the company, I don't believe it is necessary.

joy857

Star Member
Dec 24, 2019
Thank you!

I have not seen company descriptions in reference letters, but I can add that if necessary. Do I need to convert the salary to USD? Or is the local currency OK?
It's good. You don't have the describe the company, based on your employment number and list of work done, IRCC will research the rest.
Local currency is fine.

Reactions: Uvr and barhat

Mustafa83

Oct 17, 2017
Azerbaijan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Saskatchewan
NOC Code......
Thank you!

I saw requirement for company description in Saskatchewan PNP, so guess it is not mandatory.

As for the salary I guess it is better to use your local currency and they will convert it themselves.

Mustafa83

Oct 17, 2017
Azerbaijan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Saskatchewan
NOC Code......
Overall it looks good. Just make sure that a good 3-5 of your responsibilities match the NOC code. Also for the descriptions, I would stick with either verbs or nouns. Don't use both.
Ex: Design and Develop..., Plan, design, code, etc...

Regarding describing the company, I don't believe it is necessary.
Better make them similar using different words and not match word by word

barhat

Nov 30, 2020
Canada
Could the lack of a company website be an issue? The company doesn't have a website. So there is no website in the letter.

The company letterhead has the company logo, physical address, phone, and fax numbers. Also, the letter has the email address (personal email, not company) and the phone number of the person who signed the letter.

Mustafa83

Oct 17, 2017
Azerbaijan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Saskatchewan
NOC Code......
Could the lack of a company website be an issue? The company doesn't have a website. So there is no website in the letter.

The company letterhead has the company logo, physical address, phone, and fax numbers. Also, the letter has the email address (personal email, not company) and the phone number of the person who signed the letter.
I do not have much experience in that, but from what I read online if there is no website the immigration officer is likely to contact the person who provided the letter to verify the information.

Veejaysingh

Star Member
May 19, 2020
Hey guys what do you think of this reference letter. I worked in a company as part time during my study permit and then become a full time In a same position. As per CIC requirement I need to mention all the position I have held so and wage and stuff. so I have drafted this kindly let me know what you think.

Date ___###_______

To: IRCC

I am pleased to provide this letter to confirm that Mr. XXX is a full-time employee at XXX (Full address). He initially started as a part-time __position__ from February 2018 to May 2019. Currently, He is working as a Full-time_position_ (NOC code ) Since June 2019, with a workload of 40 hours an average per week.
He started at $_______ per hour during part time and currently, his hourly wage is $____ with approximately earnings of $______ __per annum. At our place, He is entitled to benefits like xxxxx..,yyyy,....xxzz.
His job duties and responsibilities as a __position__ are as follows.
• xxxxxxx.
•__________________
• ______________
• _______________
• _______________
• ______________
• ___"_________""
• ______________
• ______________
• _______________
• _______________
Should you require any additional information/documents, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Kind Regards,
Name
Signature
Position
Contact number
Email

Reactions: joy857

Mustafa83

Oct 17, 2017
Azerbaijan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Saskatchewan
NOC Code......
Hey guys what do you think of this reference letter. I worked in a company as part time during my study permit and then become a full time In a same position. As per CIC requirement I need to mention all the position I have held so and wage and stuff. so I have drafted this kindly let me know what you think.

Date ___###_______

To: IRCC

I am pleased to provide this letter to confirm that Mr. XXX is a full-time employee at XXX (Full address). He initially started as a part-time __position__ from February 2018 to May 2019. Currently, He is working as a Full-time_position_ (NOC code ) Since June 2019, with a workload of 40 hours an average per week.
He started at $_______ per hour during part time and currently, his hourly wage is $____ with approximately earnings of $______ __per annum. At our place, He is entitled to benefits like xxxxx..,yyyy,....xxzz.
His job duties and responsibilities as a __position__ are as follows.
• xxxxxxx.
•__________________
• ______________
• _______________
• _______________
• ______________
• ___"_________""
• ______________
• ______________
• _______________
• _______________
Should you require any additional information/documents, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Kind Regards,
Name
Signature
Position
Contact number
Email
I think you should not mention NOC in your reference letter, unless you currently work in Canada. Just my opinion.

Veejaysingh

Star Member
May 19, 2020
I think you should not mention NOC in your reference letter, unless you currently work in Canada. Just my opinion.
Hey Mustafa thanks for getting back so quickly I am currently working in Canada. do you think if I mention my Noc code it effect the letter ? thanks

Mustafa83

Oct 17, 2017
Azerbaijan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Saskatchewan
NOC Code......
Hey Mustafa thanks for getting back so quickly I am currently working in Canada. do you think if I mention my Noc code it effect the letter ? thanks
I was just telling my opinion. But if you are working in Canada, then I guess it's fine.

Uvr

Star Member
Mar 1, 2021

DATE

To Whom It May Concern,

Regards,

POSITION

NAME
Did it work for you