+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is this a good plan to immigrate to Canada as an international student?

WakeUpp

Aug 27, 2023
Hi to all. I will give a little bit of background about my situation. I was blessed to train and study to become a pilot in the US at an early age and got a good amount of flight hours experience with a legal work permit there. Fast forward to now I’m 22 back at my home country in SouthAmerica but not happy with my country’s situation in the aviation field so I’m looking to immigrate to Canada for more and better opportunities.

My plan is the following:

Go study a two year program in a field that I like (probably Business related) but not aviation related (since I read that the PGWP is an open work permit, unlike work permits for international students in the US)

Get a PGWP and work as a pilot in any Canadian company since with the flight experience that I have I believe I will be a competitive candidate

And hopefully get a permanent residency.

I have the following questions:

1.- I understand that there’s a point system and the more points you have the chances of getting a PR are higher. Will the two year program + the Canadian work experience provide enough points to have a good chance of becoming a PR?

2.- I heard that if for example you study in Alberta and work in other province that will a negative impact when applying for a PR! is that true??

Thank you all! I’m open to any suggestion! Thank you!

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hi to all. I will give a little bit of background about my situation. I was blessed to train and study to become a pilot in the US at an early age and got a good amount of flight hours experience with a legal work permit there. Fast forward to now I’m 22 back at my home country in SouthAmerica but not happy with my country’s situation in the aviation field so I’m looking to immigrate to Canada for more and better opportunities.

My plan is the following:

Go study a two year program in a field that I like (probably Business related) but not aviation related (since I read that the PGWP is an open work permit, unlike work permits for international students in the US)

Get a PGWP and work as a pilot in any Canadian company since with the flight experience that I have I believe I will be a competitive candidate

And hopefully get a permanent residency.

I have the following questions:

1.- I understand that there’s a point system and the more points you have the chances of getting a PR are higher. Will the two year program + the Canadian work experience provide enough points to have a good chance of becoming a PR?

2.- I heard that if for example you study in Alberta and work in other province that will a negative impact when applying for a PR! is that true??

Thank you all! I’m open to any suggestion! Thank you!
https://gprivate.com/66zx8