Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am a newcomer. I am over 56. My timeline as follows:

Citizenship application: March 24, 2015
Application received: March 27, 2015
eCAS on April 16 says:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 27, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 14, 2015.

I did not receive any acknowledgement till today (Aug.08) neither through email nor Canada Post. I did not see any further progress on e CAS yet. I called them. They told that received means it is in process. Did somebody experience the same on the forum? I am quite worried. May be my file fell from the shelf.

CanCanCit

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amk2015 said:
I am a newcomer. I am over 56. My timeline as follows:

Citizenship application: March 24, 2015
Application received: March 27, 2015
eCAS on April 16 says:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 27, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 14, 2015.

I did not receive any acknowledgement till today (Aug.08) neither through email nor Canada Post. I did not see any further progress on e CAS yet. I called them. They told that received means it is in process. Did somebody experience the same on the forum? I am quite worried. May be my file fell from the shelf.
Did you make sure your email address in your file is right?
If so, is there any chance that you might have received the email in your SPAM folder?
What does your ecas status show as of today?
IMO, if your application has been received in Mar, your application should be in 'In Process' if you are a regular applicant with all essential info in there. Good luck!

amk2015

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanCanCit said:
Did you make sure your email address in your file is right?
If so, is there any chance that you might have received the email in your SPAM folder?
What does your ecas status show as of today?
IMO, if your application has been received in Mar, your application should be in 'In Process' if you are a regular applicant with all essential info in there. Good luck!
Thanks CanCanCit. My email address in file is correct and I did not receive answer either in SPAM. eCas status is the same as of Apr. 06, 2015 and as follows;

They did not update to 'in process' yet. Quite strange.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
amk2015 said:
Thanks CanCanCit. My email address in file is correct and I did not receive answer either in SPAM. eCas status is the same as of Apr. 06, 2015 and as follows;

They did not update to 'in process' yet. Quite strange.
You may contact the call centre at 1-888-242-2100 to see if they can re-send the AOR and if they can provide you the current status/progress of your application.

amk2015

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
You may contact the call centre at 1-888-242-2100 to see if they can re-send the AOR and if they can provide you the current status/progress of your application.
Thanks thecoolguysam.

pl840502

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
I didn't receive AOR and called and found out the email recorded in the system mistyped on letter from the application. After correcting it the lady said she can give me a verbal confirmation of AOR and send me an email about the link to the study book, but she said they cannot resend AOR email