+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is this a bad idea?

May 7, 2014
I'm writing my Purpose of Travel Document and have included all necessary information, where I'm staying, etc.

I plan on visiting universities and stuff while I'm there, would that be bad to include that I have intentions of studying there next year? Or should I just say I plan on visiting universities?

Also, I'm staying with my girlfriend of 4 years, how much information about our relationship is too much to include in both my Purpose of Travel and for her to put in her Letter of Invitation? I don't want them to think I'm going to stay there or something because of our relationship, both of us have promised that I will leave the country after my authorized stay and she said she would make sure I leave on the expiration date of my authorized stay.

Thank you in advance! :D

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
GenericUsername3 said:
I'm writing my Purpose of Travel Document and have included all necessary information, where I'm staying, etc.

I plan on visiting universities and stuff while I'm there, would that be bad to include that I have intentions of studying there next year? Or should I just say I plan on visiting universities?

Also, I'm staying with my girlfriend of 4 years, how much information about our relationship is too much to include in both my Purpose of Travel and for her to put in her Letter of Invitation? I don't want them to think I'm going to stay there or something because of our relationship, both of us have promised that I will leave the country after my authorized stay and she said she would make sure I leave on the expiration date of my authorized stay.

It depends how much you can prove, for example it is safe to mention universities if you have an invitation letter from that University to "check out their facilities duringyour stay". The more details you give the more questions you will have to answer.

The same holds true for your gf, how are you going to prove the relationship has been going on for four years?

And so on...

So think about what you can prove and write the letter accordingly.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
GenericUsername3 said:

If it is TRV, most important point is to prove that you will come back by providing sufficient documents on local ties, excellent Bank balance, property ownership, previous travels to USA and Europe etc. Having girlfriend in Canada could be viewed negatively by the Visa officer. Also mentioning future study would not facilitate TRV I think.