+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is there such thing as IP1 and IP2 in Study Permit application?

deegy

Nov 13, 2018
Hello, my study permit is currently on progress with below status:
(Application submitted on 16 Jan 2019, Background check updated on 16 Jan, Biometrics and fingerprints given on 19 Jan, Review of eligibility was updated today 22 Jan)
**Medical exam not required as I am applying from UAE**

Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical result - You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

As I am researching about how long will it take to get PPR (thinking positively here), I can see that I should be on the IP2 stage based on Express Entry (EE) application process. After the IP2 stage, it should be followed with the PPR or Passport Request.

As an illustration: Trend 1: NA -> IP -> NA -> IP Trend 2: NA -> NBG-> NA-> IP

Is the EE process the same with study permit?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hello, my study permit is currently on progress with below status:
(Application submitted on 16 Jan 2019, Background check updated on 16 Jan, Biometrics and fingerprints given on 19 Jan, Review of eligibility was updated today 22 Jan)
**Medical exam not required as I am applying from UAE**

Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical result - You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

As I am researching about how long will it take to get PPR (thinking positively here), I can see that I should be on the IP2 stage based on Express Entry (EE) application process. After the IP2 stage, it should be followed with the PPR or Passport Request.

As an illustration: Trend 1: NA -> IP -> NA -> IP Trend 2: NA -> NBG-> NA-> IP

Is the EE process the same with study permit?
Any express entry questions would be better answered in the express entry forum. Since this is the International student's forum you are unlikely able to find someone to help you with your query.

With regards to the study permit. If you did not give the passport physically and applied online then a passport request is a 100% chance of approval. If you applied offline you will get a mail saying that a decision has been made and the passport is being returned to you. In that case only once you receive your passport you will know if you were approved or denied. You only have to wait for the decision to be made.

deegy

Nov 13, 2018
Any express entry questions would be better answered in the express entry forum. Since this is the International student's forum you are unlikely able to find someone to help you with your query.

With regards to the study permit. If you did not give the passport physically and applied online then a passport request is a 100% chance of approval. If you applied offline you will get a mail saying that a decision has been made and the passport is being returned to you. In that case only once you receive your passport you will know if you were approved or denied. You only have to wait for the decision to be made.
I have applied online, I just want to know if IP1 and IP2 process of EE (if you are aware) also applies to Study permit application. Anyways, thank you very much for your response.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
I have applied online, I just want to know if IP1 and IP2 process of EE (if you are aware) also applies to Study permit application. Anyways, thank you very much for your response.
Sorry, I don't know what IP1 and IP2 are.