+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is there question about " if you lost..." while applying to Canada citizenship?

noha9999

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
Hi,

So my question is .....

" Is there any question about loosing the citizenship of any country while applying to Canada citizenship? "

noha9999

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
Thank you for the reply.
The link did not open.
But i will tell some details about the case of my question..

I know friend she was living in Syria. And she has Syrian Citizenship. Her father was fighting in war.. ( I do not know what call it in English - but they tell me they call him " A cerminal of war ". )
The woman was traveling sometimes to Jordan. She used to lie to Syrian Government that her father is Lost to allow her to travel between the countries. But when Syrian Government knew that her father Not Lost. And the woman was lying to government, she lost her Syrian citizenship. Now this woman in Canada..
I wonder if the canadian judge knew this history for this woman here in Canada ( she is refugee- PR ) is that effect when she apply for Canada Citizenship?

Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for the reply.
The link did not open.
But i will tell some details about the case of my question..

I know friend she was living in Syria. And she has Syrian Citizenship. Her father was fighting in war.. ( I do not know what call it in English - but they tell me they call him " A cerminal of war ". )
The woman was traveling sometimes to Jordan. She used to lie to Syrian Government that her father is Lost to allow her to travel between the countries. But when Syrian Government knew that her father Not Lost. And the woman was lying to government, she lost her Syrian citizenship. Now this woman in Canada..
I wonder if the canadian judge knew this history for this woman here in Canada ( she is refugee- PR ) is that effect when she apply for Canada Citizenship?

Thank you.
You can't be made stateless. Sounds like she is a citizen but not welcome in Syria or will likely be arrested. Her situation shouldn't have an impact but she should be declaring that she is a Syrian citizen unless she has documentation from the Syrian government that they have somehow taken away her citizenship and made her stateless.