+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is there need of Reapply for CAQ?

Discussion in 'Quebec Immigration' started by danii123, Aug 10, 2018.

1. #1 danii123, Aug 10, 2018 at 1:21 PM
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    Hi everyone,
    I would like to know, that do i need to reapply for CAQ again? I got CAQ for Winter 2018 semester in October 2017. For the delay in visa I had to defer my admission to summer 2018. I have got my study permit yesterday 08/08/2018.
    I am now confused should i apply for CAQ again?
    In the CAQ letter, It is written that if you postponed your admission from Winter to Fall Semester, then you will need to reapply for CAQ. I am very confused at this moment because I have 25 days remaining to join my Semester.
    Is there anyone faced similar case like I am facing now? Your early and kind response would be much appreciated.

PS: I know CAQ is valid for 48 months.

2. Hi,

If you obtain a CAQ for studies for the fall semester and you postpone your arrival by one semester, you do not have to submit a new application for a CAQ for studies. For any other postponement, you must submit a new application for a CAQ for studies

link : https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/obtaining-authorizations/certificat-acceptation/index.html

You can probably enter Canada with this CAQ but you need to apply for a new one for registration.

3. Thank you very much for the reply. I have applied for a new CAQ. My documents will be received in Quebec today. Could you please tell me that to whom I can confirm that whether I can enter Canada (Quebec) with previous CAQ or not? Although I have applied for new CAQ but I am worried that In case I don't get new CAQ in time. For your information, Fall 2018 Semester will start from Sept 04, 2018. Your early and kind response would be appreciated.

4. My friend had exactly the same condition and she recently entered Canada with no problem. You can have a proof in hand that you have applied for a new CAQ in case they ask for it. I don't think the officers at POE even know that you had to apply for a new CAQ. They just want to see a valid CAQ and you visa and they will issue your stud permit and let you in.