+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is there have any fast way to renew your work permit?

VILLAGEHUA

Star Member
Jan 23, 2010
I found a new employer and already apply a LMO for me and we still waiting for it. If I send the application for renew work permit it take 48 days, I wonder is there anyway I can re new fast (such cross the broder, only take one day). Thank you for your review.

VILLAGEHUA

Star Member
Jan 23, 2010
Please, does anyone know this? and how many days will take for re new the work permit? Can I apply inside Canada? Thank you for your stop by!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

VILLAGEHUA said:
I found a new employer and already apply a LMO for me and we still waiting for it. If I send the application for renew work permit it take 48 days, I wonder is there anyway I can re new fast (such cross the broder, only take one day). Thank you for your review.
1. If you check the processing times, it isn't 48 days, it is 16 days. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp You can try at a Border Port, with the new LMO, but you have to leave and re-enter and they may process it.

VILLAGEHUA

Star Member
Jan 23, 2010
my friend apply at brorder but they only gave her 2 years of worjer permit. I applied in Seattle whenI have US visa then they gave me four years of WP. I wonder if I renew my WP at brorder, do they will shorten my WP deadline? If they do, I would rather apply online inside Canada. right!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
The duration of the work permit would depend upon the length of time stipulated on the contract. When you applied at Seattle, it was your initial work permit and for Live in Care givers they give 4 years because that's how long you should finish your program and be able to apply for permanent residency.

VILLAGEHUA said:
my friend apply at brorder but they only gave her 2 years of worjer permit. I applied in Seattle whenI have US visa then they gave me four years of WP. I wonder if I renew my WP at brorder, do they will shorten my WP deadline? If they do, I would rather apply online inside Canada. right!