+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is there Certificate of qualification for Software Developer?

Aninda

Mar 22, 2015
Is there Certificate of qualification for Software Developer? Software Developer don't need any licence to work in Canada.
So will get the points for Certificate of qualification in Express entry if I have completed education in Canada or my transcripts are evaluated form WES?

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no. certificate of qualifiction is for trades only. you won't get those for software developer.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you'll get points for your education if its from Canada or assessed. But as you are a software developer and therefore didn't have to do an apprenticeship, you don't qualify for any points under certificate of qualification.

ranjanv88

Jul 2, 2017
you'll get points for your education if its from Canada or assessed. But as you are a software developer and therefore didn't have to do an apprenticeship, you don't qualify for any points under certificate of qualification.
Hello,

I have recieved the PR invite, but lately i realised i did a mistake by stating "Yes" for certificate of qualification for which i am not eligible (as i am a software developer), I had mentioned NOC 2173 in the certificate of qualification details and i did not receive any points for that either, but in the document checklist it is requesting for certificate of qualification,for software developer we wont get any certificate.

Please help to deal this scenario? My last option is to decline the invite. please suggest.

Best Regards

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I have recieved the PR invite, but lately i realised i did a mistake by stating "Yes" for certificate of qualification for which i am not eligible (as i am a software developer), I had mentioned NOC 2173 in the certificate of qualification details and i did not receive any points for that either, but in the document checklist it is requesting for certificate of qualification,for software developer we wont get any certificate.

Please help to deal this scenario? My last option is to decline the invite. please suggest.

Best Regards
No big deal. Just make a change and include it in the Letter of Explanation. As long as it does not decrease your points under the cut off points for your round, you will be fine.

P/S: Logically, as long as your nature of job is not regulated by the government you dont need that certificate. I don't think working as software developer in Canada has any differences from other countries. In fact, software is universal.

ranjanv88

Jul 2, 2017
No big deal. Just make a change and include it in the Letter of Explanation. As long as it does not decrease your points under the cut off points for your round, you will be fine.

P/S: Logically, as long as your nature of job is not regulated by the government you dont need that certificate. I don't think working as software developer in Canada has any differences from other countries. In fact, software is universal.
Thank you very much for the details. You said "just make change and include in the letter of Explanation". What change you are referring to ? I can write a letter of explaination and attach in the place where the certificate was suppose to be.

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you very much for the details. You said "just make change and include in the letter of Explanation". What change you are referring to ? I can write a letter of explaination and attach in the place where the certificate was suppose to be.
Just change to no certificate. My friend make a similar mistake by choosing "has valid job offer" when he only working on PGWP. In the end he just change his selection to not have valid job offer. He got his PR card last month, so don't worry.