+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is there anybody work and live in Montreal or in Quebec and apply under the CEC

anakinchan

Dec 14, 2014
Hi everybody.

I came to Canada 3 years ago by myself and finished a 2 year college program in Ontario.
I got my job in Montreal, so now I work and live here more than 1 year.
Because my French is not good, so I applied under the CEC(September 2014). And I know I will move out of Quebec eventually.

My question is will I get rejected because I live and work in Quebec.
Any successful case? Or anybody have the same situation as me.
Please share your case.

Thank you

gates1580

Star Member
May 13, 2013
There are many successful cases where the applicant resided in Quebec province and applied for PR under CEC program. However, it is imperative that you move out of Quebec during the process or immediately after. Either way, you will have to prove to CIC about your intention to relocate out of Quebec province.
There are threads on this forum discussing this situation. Do a search for 'Montreal' or 'Quebec' and you will see many cases. Read those threads and understand what others have done or are doing to prove their intentions.

anakinchan

Dec 14, 2014
gates1580 said:
There are many successful cases where the applicant resided in Quebec province and applied for PR under CEC program. However, it is imperative that you move out of Quebec during the process or immediately after. Either way, you will have to prove to CIC about your intention to relocate out of Quebec province.
There are threads on this forum discussing this situation. Do a search for 'Montreal' or 'Quebec' and you will see many cases. Read those threads and understand what others have done or are doing to prove their intentions.
Thank you. I will do some research here.

Arpatel91

Star Member
Nov 18, 2014
Thank you. I will do some research here.
Hi,
I'm in the same boat in which you were once. Could you please provide me with some more details- what happened to your CEC application, did they ask for the letter of intent to leave Quebec?
Many thanks,
Aakash