+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IS THERE ANY WAY TO GET A QATAR POLICE CERTIFICATE W/O OLD PASSPORT/EXPIRED VISA

anmarie

Mar 2, 2010
Immigration has sent my husband a passport request and some additional requirements to complete our application. Unfortunately one of these requirements is a Qatar police certificate. He worked there in 2002 for 2 years, he no longer has the passport he used to go there and he also no longer has the expired visa. These are the 2 main requirements to obtain the police certificate and apparently even with no discepancies it will take 2-3 months to get it. The immigration only gave us 45 days to submit all their requirements. Were pretty stomped and scared that this hassle will be the cause for the denial of our application. Is there a way that we could maybe get away with not having to submit this police certificate, without his old passport and his expired visa he might not be able to obtain it or it would cause for longer delays. Its so hard to get a hold of anyone from immigration so please if anyone could help, any input would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

rollinsc

Aug 16, 2009
Re: IS THERE ANY WAY TO GET A QATAR POLICE CERTIFICATE W/O OLD PASSPORT/EXPIRED

If you can't get them the information they require I would suggest just sending them a letter explaining why. If you are honest with them they can be surprisingly understanding. My friends Chilean husband was immigrating here and they requested extra documents for him because he had lived in Spain for a year. He could not get the documents they required so they sent a letter to immigrations explaining the situation and why they could not get the documents. (He was living there illegally so he never had the documents that immigrations had asked for).

Good luck!

anmarie

Mar 2, 2010
I guess we dont really have any other choice but to explain them our circumstance. I pray to God they consider it.

Thank you very much for your reply!