+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is there any way I can get back in?

jackrichter

Nov 27, 2016
Hi folks, You'll have to excuse me. I'm new here. Perhaps this not the correct section, however would appreciate directions if possible.

U.S. citizen, graduated from a Canadian University 3 years ago, held a PGWP. Overall, I probably lived in Canada for 8 or 9 years.
I was never able to attain a Type A/B/0 job while I was in Canada. It's a tough job market, you know?

About six months ago I had to pack up everything and leave. I lived pretty much my whole adult life in Canada now that I lost my status, I pretty much lost everything. I had to move to Turkey, where I'm originally from.

I work in the film industry here, so I guess it would be a type B at least. It is in fact skilled work. However most of it is freelance, so I don't have any government records to prove it.

Is there any way you can think of that would qualify me for a PR?
Or perhaps any status that might lead to a PR?
I would much appreciate any help.

Thank you kindly.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Getting another study permit most likely isn't the right option since you can't qualify for another PGWP.

One option would be to secure a work permit. However to do that, you'd need to find an employer willing to give you a full time job and who can also obtain an approved LMIA - and like you said, jobs are hard to come by (even more difficult when an LMIA is required).

Otherwise you'll need to figure out a way to qualify to immigrate to Canada. You'll need at least one year of full time paid work experience that you can prove. Full information about Canada's immigration programs can be found here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply.asp