torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Hamid khan said:
I don't care who is power
All I want 3ys citizenship rule

Bcz I was in Canada working visa so I want my one year get counted

That's it
If that's the case, perhaps you would be better off making these demands of your MP instead of on this forum.

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
Hamid khan said:
I don't care who is power
All I want 3ys citizenship rule

Bcz I was in Canada working visa so I want my one year get counted

That's it
Bug your MP buddy. You got to care about who is in power.

Loulou79

Apr 11, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pfse said:
Wow, did he say that? I wish I could live such a long life to see it finally happens... :p
No he did not say that. Its wishful thinking on the part of whoever posted it. the minister "hoped" that the bill would pass on July 1st. However, he specifically said, that it would not be in effect soon due to the backlog.

http://www.nationalnewswatch.com/2016/05/11/liberals-edge-closer-to-repealing-conservative-citizenship-changes-though-senate-remains-a-wildcard/#.V0kZAZF9600

Immigration Minister John McCallum says it will be 'difficult to predict' how the Senate handles Bill C-6.

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
Loulou79 said:
No he did not say that. Its wishful thinking on the part of whoever posted it. the minister "hoped" that the bill would pass on July 1st. However, he specifically said, that it would not be in effect soon due to the backlog.

http://www.nationalnewswatch.com/2016/05/11/liberals-edge-closer-to-repealing-conservative-citizenship-changes-though-senate-remains-a-wildcard/#.V0kZAZF9600

Immigration Minister John McCallum says it will be 'difficult to predict' how the Senate handles Bill C-6.
why : Immigration Minister John McCallum says it will be 'difficult to predict' how the Senate handles Bill C-6.

then why he promise old citizenship rule will be back

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Another promise broken! Liberals do not know how to push bills through as they are novice and we are still at the mercy of Cons who are totally against immigrants

alaabebe

Apr 19, 2016
quasar81 said:
After Elbowgate, no chance. Liberals are novice and don't know how to push bills through. CONs would have sent this bill to Senate by now as they how to push things, but then they makes things tough for most immigrants as well. So, no where to complain. CONs don't like us and Libs don't know how to push bill through. Be at mercy of CIC.

Being at the mercy of those who no Mercy!
treating people like slaves !
ruthless !

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
alaabebe said:
Being at the mercy of those who no Mercy!
treating people like slaves !
ruthless !
The extreme rhetoric is getting a bit out of hand. If you think that being asked to live in a country where you voluntarily immigrated for four years to receive citizenship benefits for you and your family (for the rest of your lives) is akin to being treated like a slave, you would probably be better off leaving Canada now. There is nothing ruthless or merciless about laws that are designed to protect a country. You were fully aware of these laws when you chose to move to Canada, so why the whining now? Drop the sense of entitlement, grow up and make the most of the opportunity you have been provided.

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
torontosm said:
The extreme rhetoric is getting a bit out of hand. If you think that being asked to live in a country where you voluntarily immigrated for four years to receive citizenship benefits for you and your family (for the rest of your lives) is akin to being treated like a slave, you would probably be better off leaving Canada now. There is nothing ruthless or merciless about laws that are designed to protect a country. You were fully aware of these laws when you chose to move to Canada, so why the whining now? Drop the sense of entitlement, grow up and make the most of the opportunity you have been provided.
He is not being whiny. He is just being poetic . Chill down my friend it is just emotions here.

This bill is going nowhere with novice Libs pushing it, but atleast they have intention. End of story. We all gotta live with it and make best out of it.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
johnr said:
I guess you don't know his ordeal and many if not all of the immigrants.

If you only had been in his shoes, I bet you ten grand, your not gonna say things like this country saved these immigrants from their g-dforsaken countries.
Did anyone force you or the OP to come here? Is anyone forcing you to stay? Obviously not, so how in the world is it like slavery? Canada may not have saved him, but Canada is equally not forcefully keeping him here. It's a big world....if you don't like it here (where people are ruthless and have no mercy), go somewhere else.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
torontosm said:
.....You were fully aware of these laws when you chose to move to Canada, so why the whining now? Drop the sense of entitlement, grow up and make the most of the opportunity you have been provided.
Hmmmm, you do know this is not true, right ? The law changed to 4/6 with intent to reside last summer and most people were not aware of it when they came here 2+ years ago

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
itsmyid said:
Hmmmm, you do know this is not true, right ? The law changed to 4/6 with intent to reside last summer and most people were not aware of it when they came here 2+ years ago
If you go back to the OP's previous posts, you will see that he/she became a PR in 2007 or so (renewed their PR cards in 2012). So, the laws were still 3/4 for the majority of their stay in Canada.

Regardless, the government has the right to change laws at any time. If you don't agree with this, then why support Bill C6? Shouldn't the laws stay at 4/6 forever then?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
torontosm said:
If you go back to the OP's previous posts, you will see that he/she became a PR in 2007 or so (renewed their PR cards in 2012). So, the laws were still 3/4 for the majority of their stay in Canada.

Regardless, the government has the right to change laws at any time. If you don't agree with this, then why support Bill C6? Shouldn't the laws stay at 4/6 forever then?
I don't have time to go back and sort through tons of posts just so to make a statement, I was merely pointing out a fact. If what you said is true about their 2007 landing, then I agree they mainly have themselves to blame.

Sure governments have the right to change laws anytime they want, doesn't make it always right or justified, ask Nazi Germany's government

Muby

Jun 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2013
Doc's Request.
14-04-2013
AOR Received.
Received with application
File Transfer...
20-02-2013
Med's Done....
15-01-2013
Interview........
10-12-2013
Passport Req..
10-12-2013 SAMEDAY
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2013 SAMEDAY
LANDED..........
08-02-2014
Why dont we wait for 1 july 2016 like minister said. After that we will see whats happend

Teaspoon

Jan 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't see any hope , its not possible and they are going to loose the next election