+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is there age limit for undergraduate courses?

heykay47

Jul 25, 2017
i am new here but i have some questions to ask. I did my first degree in law but for one reason or the other my school was suspended from sending graduates to law school for their BL.Because of my passion to practise law and after waiting for 2years with the hope that the suspension will be lifted,unfortunately the suspension is still on.Hence i have decided to seek a fresh degree in law from one of the prestigious university in canada but the only fear i entertain now is the fact that am 30plus.
My question now is hope the age would not work against me if i apply?

heykay47

Jul 25, 2017
Generally not an issue
so you are suggesting i should carry on with my application?
And i want to ask if i need to submit IELTS result alongside my application
because i wrote the ielts examination sometimes in 2008 when i applied for my UK VISA and as we speak the ielts is expired,do i need to rewrite the exam again?

heykay47

Jul 25, 2017
so you are suggesting i should carry on with my application?
And i want to ask if i need to submit IELTS result alongside my application
because i wrote the ielts examination sometimes in 2008 when i applied for my UK VISA and as we speak the ielts is expired,do i need to rewrite the exam again?
considering the fact that while applying at university of regina i was not asked to submit ielts result.

shannon388

Dec 15, 2017
Just apply like any other student. Age should be not influential.
What you should provide, e.g. IELTS, really depends on the university...

heykay47

Jul 25, 2017
Just apply like any other student. Age should be not influential.
What you should provide, e.g. IELTS, really depends on the university...
really appreciate your response,however can you highlight the documents expected from any prospective applicant for study permit?

shannon388

Dec 15, 2017

heykay47

Jul 25, 2017
A list of documents to apply for study permit can be found here
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/apply.html

You must get the acceptance letter from the university first, documents required are strongly dependent on the university.
Thank you for the response.
I have some question to ask regarding writing a convincing SOP
The question is:
sometimes in 2009 i was issued a Uk 2years visa to study diploma in human resouce management in a college in london,but didnt go to the UK because have always wanted to become a laywer,in oct 2010 i proceeded to study law in one of the prestigious university in Benin republic.Now that am about to apply to further my legal career in canada,is it safe to include the above stated fact while writing my SOP and i want to believe it will not work against me?

shannon388

Dec 15, 2017
>Now that am about to apply to further my legal career in canada,is it safe to include the above stated fact while writing my SOP and i want to believe it will not work against me?

I think it does not harm. However, it does not help either, so unless required you can neglect this part

heykay47

Jul 25, 2017
>Now that am about to apply to further my legal career in canada,is it safe to include the above stated fact while writing my SOP and i want to believe it will not work against me?

I think it does not harm. However, it does not help either, so unless required you can neglect this part
During the cause of applying for student visa,if one indicate that he or she has a family relation in canada who is willing to accomodate or recieve someone on arriving canada and the relation is ready to write a letter to that effect to be submitted alongside visa application documents. what effect does that have on the possibility of getting a visa or not?

shannon388

Dec 15, 2017
During the cause of applying for student visa,if one indicate that he or she has a family relation in canada who is willing to accomodate or recieve someone on arriving canada and the relation is ready to write a letter to that effect to be submitted alongside visa application documents. what effect does that have on the possibility of getting a visa or not?
it could raise suspicion that you're not here to stay only temporarily, and that you don't really the funds to cover your studies...

Reactions: heykay47