+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is there a way to ask for status update about an application?

asghar18

Jul 13, 2018
Hi all.
I submitted my application for SINP under employment category offer about 13 weeks ago and at that time, the estimated process time for applications under this category was 6 weeks. I submitted the application myself and not via some immigration services. Since my application status changed to "In Process" there has been no updates. Eight weeks after I submitted the application, I sent them an email and asked for a status update. The reply I got seems to be a predefined response and I really can't relate to the status of my application. This is their reply to my email:

Thank you for your email.
The application is currently in process and no further documentation has been requested at this time. The SINP reserves the right to make a decision on your file at any time; if you wish to submit any further documentation, please do so as soon as possible to immigration.documents@gov.sk.ca quoting your name, birthdate, and file number.
Kind regards,
Does anyone know what this indicates about my application? Like, in what situations they say this to an applicant?
Is there a way I can inquire about my application with more details?
Is this too long for an employment offer application?
Can I do anything besides waiting?

Last edited: