+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is there a Problem with Linking application to GCKey?

megalomax

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Philippines
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
7/07/2012
Doc's Request.
21/07/2014
AOR Received.
23/03/2018
Med's Request
16/07/2018
Med's Done....
14/08/2018
I just got an email with my application number and UCI

I also have a GCkey. I am sure of the info I have encoded but I still keep getting an error that says my application can't be found.

I do have a couple of questions.

My application number starts with EP, do I write the whole number with the EP or just the numbers after EP?

In the last part of the form, it asks for the number of family members with my application including the applicant. Does this mean I should write 1 if I have not included my family members or I should write the number of family members even if they're not coming with me?

I already went over the 5 tries for 24 hours today. Have to wait another 24 hours. ugh.

sashafromO

Mar 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-01-2018
Doc's Request.
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
29-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2018
I had the same problem but got it through after entering 2 for family members since im being sponsored.
you have to type the whole number with EP and for the family members depends what kinda thing you applied for so in my case it was 2 with me and my wife even though i included my family. so weird.

i am no expert on this just sharing the info.

megalomax

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Philippines
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
7/07/2012
Doc's Request.
21/07/2014
AOR Received.
23/03/2018
Med's Request
16/07/2018
Med's Done....
14/08/2018
I had the same problem but got it through after entering 2 for family members since im being sponsored.
you have to type the whole number with EP and for the family members depends what kinda thing you applied for so in my case it was 2 with me and my wife even though i included my family. so weird.

i am no expert on this just sharing the info.
Thanks for the reply.

Is your wife part of your application? Like she's going with you?

The form I sent wanted me to include my family regardless if they will join me or not. So I kept on entering 5 for the family (parents and 2 siblings plus me) yet the error is still application not found.

sashafromO

Mar 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-01-2018
Doc's Request.
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
29-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2018
yes my wife is part of it since she is sponsoring me so it's 2
even if you did include them and they're not coming you should only include you and if someone else is part of the application (I'm answering from my understanding). you should contact them via email by reporting a troubleshoot. I had the same problem and they send you an email with information saying what category you entered was incorrect.

megalomax

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Philippines
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
7/07/2012
Doc's Request.
21/07/2014
AOR Received.
23/03/2018
Med's Request
16/07/2018
Med's Done....
14/08/2018
Ok thank you. I did send an email. The reply I got was just a list of links from the FAQS. I'll try once again after 24 hours. Thanks once again!

sashafromO

Mar 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-01-2018
Doc's Request.
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
29-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2018
Ok thank you. I did send an email. The reply I got was just a list of links from the FAQS. I'll try once again after 24 hours. Thanks once again!
send a report with screenshots of your answers and the page it says there is no file. you get an answer within 2 days or so.

Technical problems with the online application or tools

We are sorry to learn that you are experiencing technical problems with the online application and/or tools.

In order to assist you, please fill out the IRCC Web form available on our website and choose Technical difficulties located in the drop down menu under the heading Enquiry. Please also add the following information:

1. Your current status in Canada
  2. The expiration date of that status
  3. (If applicable) Date the application was submitted
  4. Information you are looking for and nature of the problem
  5. Information requested under A or B, depending on your situation:
A) Experiencing technical difficulties uploading a form/document?

Please include:

• A copy of the form/document you are trying to upload (all fields completed), and
  • All your answers to the online questionnaire. To do that:
    • select the Modify my Answers button located at the top of the online questionnaire. Once you are redirected to the page entitled Find Out if You're Eligible to Apply, you can:
B) You created a new account and would like to link it to an online application that has already been submitted?

All you need to do is click on Link application to this account. If you are experiencing technical difficulties, please provide us with screen shots of all your answers appearing on the Link an existing application to this account page.

For sponsorship applications, it must be the sponsored person’s (principal applicant) online account. In order for the sponsor to make an enquiry, the principal applicant must provide written consent to IRCC by completing the Use of a Representative form and submitting it via the IRCC Web form.