Interview........
24-11-2011
Passport Req..
19-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2012
LANDED..........
09-02-2012
I'm wondering if there's a number that you can call from outside of Canada to check on your application. I want to make sure that the embassy our application is at has received our medicals and everything, but I've emailed them a few months ago with no reply. I can't call the embassy since they don't answer either. I know there's the Call Centre but that's if you're in Canada only. I am currently visiting my husband in his country and we would like to check up on our application as we think it should be finished some time soon. Is there any number that we can call if we're outside Canada?

Thank you for your help ;D

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The call center does not have info on application sent abroad for processing, once you have sponsorship approval you now need to deal with the embassy responsible for your application, so if they dont answer then its just waiting until u get a response.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scarycemetery said:
I'm wondering if there's a number that you can call from outside of Canada to check on your application. I want to make sure that the embassy our application is at has received our medicals and everything, but I've emailed them a few months ago with no reply. I can't call the embassy since they don't answer either. I know there's the Call Centre but that's if you're in Canada only. I am currently visiting my husband in his country and we would like to check up on our application as we think it should be finished some time soon. Is there any number that we can call if we're outside Canada?

Did you send a case specific enquiry through the CIC website?. If not try asap. Some times the visa office ignore the e , which mail as they used to get a number of e mails every day.You should get a reply within 2 weeks time.

scarycemetery

Oct 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
Doc's Request.
16-08-2011
File Transfer...
10-01-2011
Med's Done....
09-11-2010 and 04-11-2011
Interview........
24-11-2011
Passport Req..
19-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2012
LANDED..........
09-02-2012
We've sent an email through the website, still no reply for 3 months. We've gone to the embassy but they won't let me or my husband in. We've called the embassy and they just hang up on us. We've emailed the embassy and they don't reply. The only thing I want to know is if they've received my husband's medicals and ask about a police check validity...

Mrs. Turan

Mar 11, 2010
Vancouver Island, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
The Canadian Embassy, Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2010
File Transfer...
06-05-2010
Med's Request
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
20-08-2011
Interview........
23-06-2010
Passport Req..
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2011
LANDED..........
25-12-2011
Contact your local MP and ask them to look into your case. I haven't been able to find out anything without them. They don't answer my e-mails, or answer my phone calls, or my husbands. But my MP has faithfully gotten back to me with small details, or at least assurance that they will find out something soon. I know it's awful not knowing :(

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scarycemetery said:
We've sent an email through the website, still no reply for 3 months. We've gone to the embassy but they won't let me or my husband in. We've called the embassy and they just hang up on us. We've emailed the embassy and they don't reply. The only thing I want to know is if they've received my husband's medicals and ask about a police check validity...
You should have got the tracking number of courier from his DMP. That is the easiest method to find out when CIC received the medical.

scarycemetery

Oct 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
Doc's Request.
16-08-2011
File Transfer...
10-01-2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
24-11-2011
Passport Req..
19-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2012
LANDED..........
09-02-2012
Mrs. Turan said:
Contact your local MP and ask them to look into your case. I haven't been able to find out anything without them. They don't answer my e-mails, or answer my phone calls, or my husbands. But my MP has faithfully gotten back to me with small details, or at least assurance that they will find out something soon. I know it's awful not knowing :(
I have contacted her as well, back in August. She said call back in September. Then she said call back in October. Then she said call back in November :(

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scarycemetery said:
I have contacted her as well, back in August. She said call back in September. Then she said call back in October. Then she said call back in November :(
Very sad situation.!. Try CAIPS/GCMS. That is the only chance to know some thing at this situation..

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First of all, the Call Centre is not very helpful and they may actually not have any information about your file abroad. But if you still want to go ahead, I've been told by people from outside of Canada that they've had success reaching it via 1-613-944-4000.

The best way to find out whether your VO received your medicals is to order GCMS notes. It would take you about a month to get them back but it would be more information than you could get anywhere else. At the same time, what you could do is confirm with your DMP when that person sent your results to whatever office processes your medicals before they send them to your VO......which I don't know what that is since I don't know your visa office (Beirut judging from your flag?) but Paris, Ottawa, whatever it is. And then fax Paris, Ottawa, or whatever the office is that has your medicals and ask if they were forwarded to your VO.

scarycemetery said:

scarycemetery

Oct 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
Doc's Request.
16-08-2011
File Transfer...
10-01-2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
24-11-2011
Passport Req..
19-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2012
LANDED..........
09-02-2012
ddobro2 said:
First of all, the Call Centre is not very helpful and they may actually not have any information about your file abroad. But if you still want to go ahead, I've been told by people from outside of Canada that they've had success reaching it via 1-613-944-4000.

The best way to find out whether your VO received your medicals is to order GCMS notes. It would take you about a month to get them back but it would be more information than you could get anywhere else. At the same time, what you could do is confirm with your DMP when that person sent your results to whatever office processes your medicals before they send them to your VO......which I don't know what that is since I don't know your visa office (Beirut judging from your flag?) but Paris, Ottawa, whatever it is. And then fax Paris, Ottawa, or whatever the office is that has your medicals and ask if they were forwarded to your VO.
Thanks for your help! I will try calling the number you gave, hopefully with some success. Our file should be almost completed, so I don't really want to order the GCMS notes. I will also email Paris...is it just the embassy I have to email? Or is there a medical centre or something along those lines?