+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is there a language requirement?

memo1212

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
1. My sister holds a BA in French literature from the university of Damascus. I applied for 2 universities for her for Master in French studies. we are still waiting for the answer.
my question is if she gets an acceptance letter, is there a language requirements like IELTS to be part of her visa application? because she doesn't have that and will not be able to pass that sort of exam.

2. also. when I downloaded the form imm5483e ( Document Check list for a study permit) it says about FEE PAYMENT, note that visa offices don't accept payment receipts from Canadian banks.
she lives in Syria. she will not be able to pay in Syria. I live in Canada and I was planning to pay the fees from my bank account here in Canada.

3. she already received an acceptance letter in a college to study English for academic purposes for one year, then accepted in early childhood education program of 4 years.
do you think she has more chances to get a study permit if we apply to a master's program at a university or English for academic purposes in a college?
what is your advice and opinion of what is better for her to choose?
Thank you so much

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
1. My sister holds a BA in French literature from the university of Damascus. I applied for 2 universities for her for Master in French studies. we are still waiting for the answer.
my question is if she gets an acceptance letter, is there a language requirements like IELTS to be part of her visa application? because she doesn't have that and will not be able to pass that sort of exam.

2. also. when I downloaded the form imm5483e ( Document Check list for a study permit) it says about FEE PAYMENT, note that visa offices don't accept payment receipts from Canadian banks.
she lives in Syria. she will not be able to pay in Syria. I live in Canada and I was planning to pay the fees from my bank account here in Canada.

3. she already received an acceptance letter in a college to study English for academic purposes for one year, then accepted in early childhood education program of 4 years.
do you think she has more chances to get a study permit if we apply to a master's program at a university or English for academic purposes in a college?
what is your advice and opinion of what is better for her to choose?
Thank you so much
1. For Master in French Studies, IELTS will not be required...
2. You can pay on her behalf
3. I would chose Masters program in French studies to up her chances. However there are other factors Visa officers will consider, not only program choice

memo1212

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
@Simba112
2. I wonder why did they have that payment is not accepted from Canadian banks on imm5483e form.
3. I am planning to open a GIC under her name and put 10K in it. and pay her tution fees.. May God help me for all that money...
what other things can I do?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
@Simba112
2. I wonder why did they have that payment is not accepted from Canadian banks on imm5483e form.
3. I am planning to open a GIC under her name and put 10K in it. and pay her tution fees.. May God help me for all that money...
what other things can I do?
Not sure why but it looks weird, Alternatively yes open GIC for her and submit.