+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is there a health insurance that covers MORE than just emergencies?

Roopunzel

Sep 11, 2018
Hi. I'm a student in Canada, and my mom is accompanying me as a visitor. She has a visitor visa of three years.

We were wondering if any of you guys had a good experience with an insurance provider that covers more than just emergencies. Y'know, like visits to an endocrinologist, gastrologist, etc.

Help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Just as an FYI - the visitor visa may be for three years, but she can only stay for six months. She can't stay for the full three years.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi. I'm a student in Canada, and my mom is accompanying me as a visitor. She has a visitor visa of three years.

We were wondering if any of you guys had a good experience with an insurance provider that covers more than just emergencies. Y'know, like visits to an endocrinologist, gastrologist, etc.

Help would be much appreciated. Thank you!
There are - but the premiums for these policies cost more than if you pay for these services out of pocket. And there are tons of exclusions and spending caps. Insurance companies are in the business of making money. So they aren't going to sell you coverage that they know will cost them more than it costs you. Best option is to get insurance to cover emergencies and pay for everything else out of pocket. Expect visits to endocrinologist, etc. to cost several hundred dollars and for the costs to go up from there if a treatment, test or procedure is needed.

As said above, be aware that the visitor visa your mother holds does not allow her to stay in Canada for three years. That's just the validity of the visa. She will be allowed into Canada for six months at most.

Reactions: canuck78