+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is the test date coming up in our ECAS?

Samira2008

Jun 20, 2015
If the mail is lost in the post what will happen? is the test date visible in our ECAS? As I did not received any letter since I have applied I was just notified by e-mail!

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Samira2008 said:
If the mail is lost in the post what will happen? is the test date visible in our ECAS? As I did not received any letter since I have applied I was just notified by e-mail!
Indeed the question in bold is concerning to me too.

Sometime the ecas is updated properly sometimes not. In general the ecas is not really reliable as really up to date feature.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
eCAS updates are very inconsistent. People's experiences with it can vary wildly. A lot of it has to do with the people handling your application. Some officers are diligent about updating eCAS in a timely fashion while others procrastinate.

Samira2008

Jun 20, 2015
thank you very much for your respond! I am afraid maybe my test notification has lost in the mail and that is why the last line has disappeared in my Ecas! as I have not received any mail from them yet since I have applied. I was just notified once by e-mail about my case when it went under process.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Samira2008 said:
thank you very much for your respond! I am afraid maybe my test notification has lost in the mail and that is why the last line has disappeared in my Ecas! as I have not received any mail from them yet since I have applied. I was just notified once by e-mail about my case when it went under process.
file transfer to local office disappeared for few people in this forum thus there is nothing to worry. When did your file get transferred to the local office?

The only time cic emails is when they send acknowledgement of receipt of the application.

Later during the process cic will either email or mail the test/oath invite (Usually most of the times its physical mail).

Recently they have started email invites for test/oath but very few percentage of people got the invites by email.

Samira2008

Jun 20, 2015
31st of March is transferred! but the line disappeared 3 weeks ago and shows only in process(2nd March)! ::)

yasoni

Star Member
May 2, 2012
thecoolguysam said:
You should expect your test invite soon.
Don't worry about your line missing. Mine also was missing for about 2 weeks after the new law came into effect. I just got the eCas updated last wed for my test date and received test invitation the same day. As Sam said your test letter should come soon.

Samira2008

Jun 20, 2015
yasoni said:
Don't worry about your line missing. Mine also was missing for about 2 weeks after the new law came into effect. I just got the eCas updated last wed for my test date and received test invitation the same day. As Sam said your test letter should come soon.
My application was received in January! and it shows in process on since 2nd of March. Transferred to Vancouver office on 31st of March. and 3 weeks ago the last line disappeared! which office have you applied for and when did you send your application please?