+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is the SOP really necessary?

Mimi26

Apr 12, 2019
Philippines
Hi! I already have a letter of acceptance to the college that i want to study.. Do I still need to provide a SOP? i have already submitted all my documents and i am just about to register my biometrics this monday

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Yes. There are so many refusals based on purpose of visit that not submitting a statement is a good way to guarantee refusal.

Colleges and universities admit about 33% more international students than they need, to plan for visa refusals. It doesn't bother colleges if you don't get your visa.

IRCC doesn't care that you got admitted to a college. That's only one part of your visa application. They're more interested in whether or not you're likely to overstay your visa - and how do they determine that? By your statement of purpose and other submissions.

Reactions: Mimi26

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hi! I already have a letter of acceptance to the college that i want to study.. Do I still need to provide a SOP? i have already submitted all my documents and i am just about to register my biometrics this monday
Even though it's not necessary but it gives a better insight to VO for arriving at a favourable decision .A single page about your background and intentions may help you in securing a visa.

Mimi26

Apr 12, 2019
Philippines
Yes. There are so many refusals based on purpose of visit that not submitting a statement is a good way to guarantee refusal.

Colleges and universities admit about 33% more international students than they need, to plan for visa refusals. It doesn't bother colleges if you don't get your visa.

IRCC doesn't care that you got admitted to a college. That's only one part of your visa application. They're more interested in whether or not you're likely to overstay your visa - and how do they determine that? By your statement of purpose and other submissions.
omygoshh. okay thank you

Mimi26

Apr 12, 2019
Philippines

If ever I will be refused to have my student visa can I re-apply?? or continue with my application while addressing the problems that the IRCC has pointed out??

Mimi26

Apr 12, 2019
Philippines
Even though it's not necessary but it gives a better insight to VO for arriving at a favourable decision .A single page about your background and intentions may help you in securing a visa.
If I have already submitted my documents and is now currently processing can i still submit my SOP?? or will i just wait for my application to be refused so that i can try again??

Mimi26

Apr 12, 2019
Philippines
Is the SOP submitted along with the documents for the application of student visa? or it would be asked by the embassy to be submitted upon their request?? thanks

Konvicted

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
Is the SOP submitted along with the documents for the application of student visa? or it would be asked by the embassy to be submitted upon their request?? thanks
Why would embassy request for SOP. It's your personal Statement Of Purpose that why you want to be there in Canada and what are your future plans. I got refused only because my SOP wasn't strong enough.

Reactions: Immstu

Mimi26

Apr 12, 2019
Philippines
Why would embassy request for SOP. It's your personal Statement Of Purpose that why you want to be there in Canada and what are your future plans. I got refused only because my SOP wasn't strong enough.
it's because i just recently knew that i need to submit a SOP and have already started processing my papers.. if you were refused because your SOP wasn't strong enough then I may be refused because i did not submit any

Konvicted

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
it's because i just recently knew that i need to submit a SOP and have already started processing my papers.. if you were refused because your SOP wasn't strong enough then I may be refused because i did not submit any
If you are lucky enough then you might get the visa, be positive.