+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is the date the university degree is translated and notarized important to VO?

arashtdii

Jan 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO:Feb 2010 - CHC:May 2010
AOR Received.
1st: Mar 2010 | 2nd: Aug 2010
Hi,
I have translated and notarized my university degree 2 years ago.
Can I send that notarized translation to the VO or do they expect the notarization not to be older than a specific time?

I have heard for some documents such as marriage certificates, which maybe subject to change, they expect the notarization not to be older than 6-12 months. However I guess this does not go for university degrees which are a not a document subject to be changed during the time.

I would appreciate your advice, whether I need to re-translated and notarize my degree or I can send the one I already have notarized 2 years ago.
Thanks,

Ice Cube

Dec 20, 2009
arashtdii said:
Hi,
I have translated and notarized my university degree 2 years ago.
Can I send that notarized translation to the VO or do they expect the notarization not to be older than a specific time?

I have heard for some documents such as marriage certificates, which maybe subject to change, they expect the notarization not to be older than 6-12 months. However I guess this does not go for university degrees which are a not a document subject to be changed during the time.
I would appreciate your advice, whether I need to re-translated and notarize my degree or I can send the one I already have notarized 2 years ago.
Thanks,
Hi,Hi,
When I consult an immigration lawyer regarding documents requirments, he told me that notarized documents must not be older than 3 months at the time of documents submission to CHC. However, since we are given 120 days to submit our documents, I guess even 4-5 months older notarized copies would be alright.
Ice cube