+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is the accomondation chip or expinsive in montreal ?

hach

Nov 26, 2009
hi friend
id like know what is the beter way to live in montreal , i hear that to being alone in one flat or studio is expinsive especialy in begning when u arrive and landing ....
can i have some help from u guys here ??

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Wrong forum. Go to Settlement Issues.

PommeDeRoute

Star Member
Feb 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Montreal has actually traditionally been one of the cheapest places in North America. It is still possible to find bachelor apartments for $400 per month and pretty decent parts of the city, if you know where to look. That being said, if you do not have a job yet, any place is going to be expensive.

From personal experience, I think Montreal is very reasonable. A one month pass for the metro is $70, you pay roughly $500 per year for the public prescription plan if you do not have private insurance, tuition is the lowest in Canada, and rents are still affordable. You can also take French classes for free here and although taxes are the highest in Canada, if you find yourself in any kind of a special situation-like renovating a condo, spouse not working, newborn child, for example-you are entitled to many tax breaks.

I would only caution you about two things: The job market is very competitive here, and you will need to commit to learning French if you want be upwardly mobile. If you don't mind those two things, Montreal is a great place to live with many opportunities to become part of the community.

P.d.R.

hach

Nov 26, 2009
merci pomme de route
je parle bien en francais , pour le concurance j aime bien aussi sa va me donner une raison de s instaler au montreal .
mes seules problemes a mon arriver sera de coter d habitat et d avoir un travail .

PommeDeRoute

Star Member
Feb 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Salut encore, mon ami!

Ce sont les défis qui rendent la vie plus intéressant, comme tu le sais. Tous les débuts sont difficiles, mais je suis certain que tu vas réussir. Je te souhaite bon courage!

P.d.R.