+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is Spouse Birth Cert reqd

bullseye

Star Member
Oct 20, 2013
Hi,

I submitted my Appln to CIC couple of days back. As per the guideline, I think for claiming points on Age, I need to submit my(Principal Appn birth certificate).
I was going through FSW 2013 spreadsheet & saw on 'Reject reasons' as 'Spouse birth certifcate not sent'. I am curious on this as I havent sent that & no where in the application guideline, they told to submit 'Spouse Birth Certificate'.

Can someone please throw some light here.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Yes, it is required. Otherwise they will send back the application without further review and file number.

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
bullseye said:
Hi,

I submitted my Appln to CIC couple of days back. As per the guideline, I think for claiming points on Age, I need to submit my(Principal Appn birth certificate).
I was going through FSW 2013 spreadsheet & saw on 'Reject reasons' as 'Spouse birth certifcate not sent'. I am curious on this as I havent sent that & no where in the application guideline, they told to submit 'Spouse Birth Certificate'.

If you looked at the application checklist that one must check and submit with the application, spouse birth certificate is a must-have document, along with other credentials like the travel document. Sorry to say, but your application will be returned without it.

auh_ab

Star Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LV
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
subitted with application
bullseye said:
Hi,

YES. its one of the basic requirement.

bullseye

Star Member
Oct 20, 2013
auh_ab said:
YES. its one of the basic requirement.
Thanks everyone for the response. Luckily, my wife had put it in the package. She just confirmed.

Anyone of you can throw some light on Schedule 3 IMM0008 form. Looks like a new version has come out on Aug 21 in CIC website. However, I had downloaded the earlier version-> filled it up & signed on Aug 19 & sent the package on Aug 22 & they recvd it yesterday. In that case, is there a chance that my appln might get rejected as I used the earlier version. What should I do?

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
bullseye said:
Thanks everyone for the response. Luckily, my wife had put it in the package. She just confirmed.

Anyone of you can throw some light on Schedule 3 IMM0008 form. Looks like a new version has come out on Aug 21 in CIC website. However, I had downloaded the earlier version-> filled it up & signed on Aug 19 & sent the package on Aug 22 & they recvd it yesterday. In that case, is there a chance that my appln might get rejected as I used the earlier version. What should I do?
You are good. The change is minimal and likely won't affect you. Even then, since you signed it before the update, there is no need for worry.

bullseye

Star Member
Oct 20, 2013
namaste said:
You are good. The change is minimal and likely won't affect you. Even then, since you signed it before the update, there is no need for worry.
Thanks namaste. Will keep my fingers crossed

im_loving_it

Jul 3, 2014
ttrajan said:
Yes, it is required. Otherwise they will send back the application without further review and file number.
Hi what if spouse's birth certificate not available? Is there any alternate?

Thanks

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dr_ziad80 said:
I didnt include it too as in my counry they dont issue it ! What should i do ?
The Guide and document checklist state clearly what are acceptable alternatives if a birth certificate is not available. If your haven't provided a birth certificate and you also haven't provided one of the acceptable alternatives, your file is incomplete and will be returned without review.

If your application has already arrived you can TRY to send the missing documents now, along with a letter explaining the situation and enough information for them to identify you (preferably a UCI, if you have one), but there is no guarantee they will match up the new documents with the rest of your application.

THE SUPER KING

Oct 5, 2012
HYDERABAD INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bullseye said:
Hi,

Please connect here

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/connect-for-filling-forms-birthmarriage-certificates-passport-issues-t238470.0.html

nepscan123

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06/15/2014
AOR Received.
10/21/2014
IELTS Request
with app
File Transfer...
15/12/2014
Med's Request
02-01-2015
Med's Done....
27-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2015
LANDED..........
Soon
I submitted the Grade 12 passign certificate of my wife which clearly mentions her date of birth but I have not heard anything from CIC so I hope it will work.