+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is soft landing possible with PNP (AINP)?

mdhasan14

Jul 2, 2020
Hi everyone!

If I get CoPR under PNP (AINP) can I still do soft landing?

My concern is since the province is nominating me they expect me to move in and stay there. But for practical reasons I need more time in my current country of residence to settle my job and also save some more money. So after 1-2 years I can finally make the permanent move because I don't know how long I am going to stay without a job in Canada. So my intention is to save as much as I can and be able to support myself for 1 year if need be.

So my question is can PNP candidates also execute a soft landing or is it only for candidates who are coming through the standard Express Entry route without any nominations?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment as well but sure there is nothing against you doing a soft landing in normal times even on a PNP although be aware at least currently through August 31 there is a mandatory 14 day quarantine, this may well be extended again depending where COVID is at the time.

Also note that guidelines on who can travel to Canada whilst the COVID emergency is active are changing all the time so ensure you research who can or cannot travel at the time you plan to do so given there are specific restrictions at least through end July.

It is important that if your POE into Canada is not your PNP province that you are able to show CBSA onward travel to your PNP province if asked given you complete immigration/customs formalities at the first POE into Canada. Plus of course your quarantine plan will need to be at your final destination.

On occasion some have reported here that a CBSA officer has refused to process a PR card application if they are told about a soft landing so keep that in mind plus of course you need to research how to declare goods to follow. You would need a Canadian address anyway for a PR card application given they will not mail outside of Canada

Last edited:
Reactions: mdhasan14

mdhasan14

Jul 2, 2020
Others can comment as well but sure there is nothing against you doing a soft landing in normal times even on a PNP although be aware at least currently through August 31 there is a mandatory 14 day quarantine, this may well be extended again depending where COVID is at the time.

Also note that guidelines on who can travel to Canada whilst the COVID emergency is active are changing all the time so ensure you research who can or cannot travel at the time you plan to do so given there are specific restrictions at least through end July.

It is important that if your POE into Canada is not your PNP province that you are able to show CBSA onward travel to your PNP province if asked given you complete immigration/customs formalities at the first POE into Canada. Plus of course your quarantine plan will need to be at your final destination.

On occasion some have reported here that a CBSA officer has refused to process a PR card application if they are told about a soft landing so keep that in mind plus of course you need to research how to declare goods to follow. You would need a Canadian address anyway for a PR card application given they will not mail outside of Canada
Thank you so much for the detailed response.

Let's say I don't travel during COVID.

So when things settle down in 2021 if I do the first landing & stay at an Airbnb in Alberta for 1-2 weeks. Can I put my friend's address who is not in Alberta province for the PR card delivery?