+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is secretary included in the new list...?

UAE

Star Member
Feb 24, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-jul-2009
Doc's Request.
02-oct-2009
Dear friends...
Good day to all...
Its really good news to know that list finally published but still its bad news for some ppl..i hope I am not one of unlucky,,but wish all the best for all
Actually my occupation is secretary in real state company...
I applied throw migration office. And my lawyer told me before the list publishes that secretary is valid in new list...
Still I didn't receive my file number when I asked the office they told me the file number will come after the list or in DEC 2008...So they will call me back. But in the list I can't find secretary so how come they told me it will be in the list..
Or is there another list also. Or this is the list only...

Thanks
Regards
Omer

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
The published list is the only one that exists. Look thru the occupations that might suit your current job

A

adnan_hsn

Sounds like your lawyer gave you wrong information in order to get some business.

One of the basic objectives for bringing out such a short occupation list was that Canada gets professionals with skills only which are in demand.

eduardoF

Oct 15, 2008
UAE said:
Dear friends...
Good day to all...
Its really good news to know that list finally published but still its bad news for some ppl..i hope I am not one of unlucky,,but wish all the best for all
Actually my occupation is secretary in real state company...
I applied throw migration office. And my lawyer told me before the list publishes that secretary is valid in new list...
Still I didn't receive my file number when I asked the office they told me the file number will come after the list or in DEC 2008...So they will call me back. But in the list I can't find secretary so how come they told me it will be in the list..
Or is there another list also. Or this is the list only...

Thanks
Regards
Omer
Well, it's too late for you now, but the advice is valid for other readers: be suspicious if your laywer/counsellor gives you "secret" information: in the case above, apparently the lawyer said an occupation would be in the list, but the list had not been made public yet.

Anyway, in principle there's only 1 list, and if your occupation isn't there, then it isn't there. I recommend you clarify the situation with your lawyer.

Brown eyed girl

Nov 16, 2008
Don't feel disheartened. Try looking for secretary jobs online, post your CV on job search engines, ask any friends or relatives in Canada to network for you. All you need is an AEO which is not binding to the employer anyway so you never know, it could still work out. I am trying to get an AEO myself as I am not on list of 38. See this as just another hurdle you have to (and you will) eventually overcome. Good luck.

UAE

Star Member
Feb 24, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-jul-2009
Doc's Request.
02-oct-2009
Hi thanks to all.
Thanks thanks brown eyed
Good news today I received a call from my lawyer and I got my file number..
The letter was my file will process in 6 two 12 months I am very happy they didn’t lie to me ..my occupation was there but the list is really not clear that’s why I confused
Thanks to all and good luck to every one..

UAE

Star Member
Feb 24, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-jul-2009
Doc's Request.
02-oct-2009
xij what r u writing ????????

eduardoF

Oct 15, 2008
UAE said:
Hi thanks to all.
Thanks thanks brown eyed
Good news today I received a call from my lawyer and I got my file number..
The letter was my file will process in 6 two 12 months I am very happy they didn't lie to me ..my occupation was there but the list is really not clear that's why I confused
Thanks to all and good luck to every one..
cool, good for you, UAE! good luck!

UAE

Star Member
Feb 24, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-jul-2009
Doc's Request.
02-oct-2009
THANKS EDUARDO
ALL THE BEST TO ALL

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
UAE said:
THANKS EDUARDO
ALL THE BEST TO ALL
Hi UAE,

Does this mean that the occupation of Secretary is in the list of 38 occupations and eligible to apply under FSW? Plz reply.

UAE

Star Member
Feb 24, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-jul-2009
Doc's Request.
02-oct-2009
yes it is..
becouse my lawyer even told me that they need qualifying experience just like Secretary, Office Administrator, or Supervisor or Manager. Receptionist, Customer Service..

best luck
regards
omar

Brown eyed girl

Nov 16, 2008
UAE said:
yes it is..
becouse my lawyer even told me that they need qualifying experience just like Secretary, Office Administrator, or Supervisor or Manager. Receptionist, Customer Service..
Do you know under which NOC your lawyer is thinking of pursuing your application? if, and I mean IF this is true then I guess this would help quite a lot of us with experience in office administration, Customer Service etc....

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Don't assume, just look at the list to see if your occupation is there. If not, your application most likely to be refused with refund.

http://www.canadavisa.com/new-instructions-federal-skilled-worker-applications.html