+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is scanning documents with camscanner fine?

abhijeetwadhwa

Jan 17, 2017
I am not sure about whether you can do it or not, but if it would have been my application I would not have scanned my documents with cam scanner.

Cheers!!

canadaee2015

Dec 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
robinsinghsobti said:
Despite sending all the documents in a proper scanned machine IRCC still asks to provide certain documents again during the application process. You can do it with cam scanner but you may have to take the risk of submitting your documents again/ getting your application delayed.

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
If you do not have a scanner, just go to a local photocopy shop and get it done by them. Your PR application is worth it.

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
robinsinghsobti said:
I scanned and uploaded my digital passport with camscanner. Didn't meet the exact requirements in my opinion, but I was never asked for another copy.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
this application decides your future. consider a scanner an investment and buy one. if you are in London, you are welcome to use my scanner.

garyastudent

Sep 3, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
robinsinghsobti said:
Click the pictures on your phone, or using camscanner, Download the PDF Converter trial version....

And then edit the part where it says scanned by cam scanner at the bottom, I have done it in the Past.

Note: for the Documents to CIC I purchased a scanner, not using the Camscanner.

alzs-

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't understand based on what people are trashing Camscanner.

I own a table scanner and still did most of my application using camscanner. Quality was AWESOME! And the process of scanning way faster.

From CIC's website: You must be able to make electronic copies of your supporting documents using a scanner or camera.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-how.asp

EDIT: I use an Android app called CamScanner. Can't say anything about other apps.

Shivanker

Feb 19, 2017
Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,
(This question may sound stupid)......
I'm currently in the process of scanning and uploading the docs. when I scan the docs normally, with the brightness and contrast kept at default (0 adjustments), the resulting pics aren't clear. they somewhat look like black and white docs.

Obviously when I increase the contrast while scanning the colours are prominent and clear. My worry is will it be a problem if I increase the contrast and scan the docs; will the VISA officer consider it as tampering or altering the docs?

Further, has anyone used Camscanner via the phone? is it acceptable?

ja_jamal

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
NOC Code......
Hi Guys,
I'm currently in the process of scanning and uploading the docs. when I scan the docs normally, with the brightness and contrast kept at default (0 adjustments), the resulting pics aren't clear. they somewhat look like black and white docs.

Obviously when I increase the contrast while scanning the colours are prominent and clear. My worry is will it be a problem if I increase the contrast and scan the docs; will the VISA officer consider it as tampering or altering the docs?

Further, has anyone used Camscanner via the phone? is it acceptable?
I used the scan functionality from Google drive app, it is accepted by CIC.

Reactions: Shivanker

DexterPerkins

Mar 4, 2021
Hi Guys,

Further, has anyone used camscanner mod apk techbigs via the phone? is it acceptable?
I have been using it through my Android device, in my opinion it is quite good

Last edited:

Gochi11

Jul 15, 2021
Hi Guys,

Further, has anyone used camscanner mod apk techbigs via the phone? is it acceptable?
Thank you sir for this info it was pretty helpful form me.

Rxm169

May 2, 2019
I used camscanner for my PGWP, PR and all other visa applications. Never had a problem so far. You do NOT need to buy a scanner for a damn application. Don’t be a boomer, this is 2021.