+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is Return Ticket Compulsary in Visitor Visa?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi. I had applied for my trv on Feb and the avg processing tym showed nearly 5 months. So I bought a ticket from July to Jan. Fortunately I got my trv approved. And I bought a new ticket for May but haven't cancelled my July and Jan ticket. Is it alright if I board the plane and later when I reach Canada I can just reschedule my Jan ticket to Oct?? Or will they still refuse me??
Normally the airline requires you to have a return ticket in order to board the plane. I would recommend you call your airline and ask them.

Reactions: felicialiu

felicialiu

Oct 20, 2019
Normally the airline requires you to have a return ticket in order to board the plane. I would recommend you call your airline and ask them.
Thanks. If the airline approves, will CBSA or immigration officer at the POE have any problem ? TIA

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks. If the airline approves, will CBSA or immigration officer at the POE have any problem ? TIA
None of us can tell you that. CBSA may be OK with that or they may not. Always better to have a return ticket in you're traveling on a TRV.

Reactions: felicialiu

canada4life_pgp2019

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
Hello, the application for my parents' PGP is under progress. It has cleared all security, criminality, medical checks and should be in final stages. Meanwhile, they got approved for a regular visitor visa (not super visa). Now, the question is whether to do a one-way ticket or a return ticket? I would want to do a one-way ticket in case the PGP gets finalized while they are here. But people are suggesting to do a return ticket since its a tourist visa otherwise my parents will face trouble with the immigration officer. Any thoughts are appreciated. My parents have been to Canada and USA before and I and my wife are canadian citizens.

krishkrish

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
Hi,

I have Canada open work permit, I came to India last 4 months back and applied TRV in India.
I got 10 years of Visiter visa instead of a work visa stamp, Now I am planning to travel to Canada Should I need to buy one-way ticket or a round ticket.

krishkrish

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
Hi,

I have Canada open work permit, I came to India last 4 months back and applied TRV in India.
I got 10 years of Visiter visa instead of a work visa stamp, Now I am planning to travel to Canada Should I need to buy one-way ticket or a round ticket.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi,

Did you get your OWP via inland spousal sponsorship? If your entry for any reason got refused by CBSA, this will put your PR application in a difficult position.

They may refuse your sponsorship application because you are no longer living inside Canada with your spouse.

The general advice is to get refundable return ticket. You can take the advice or not.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
My brother sibling points were added to my express entry profile. I applied from india
Then your question has nothing to do with family sponsorship. Try asking this question in foreign worker or visitor section.
Getting points from having siblings is not sponsorship.

Kokod33

Oct 28, 2023
I'm an international student and my wife and child(with visitor visa ) are accompanying me to Canada. Is a return ticket compulsory ?