+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is PRTD required for entry into Canada using Airport Taxi?

nitinvgarg

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
Hi All,

I became PR in Aug 2018 and now planning for the final move into Canada via land border either from Detroit(Ambassador Bridge) or Buffalo(Peace Bridge). I do not have PR cards with me and planning to use the COPR documents for myself, my wife and daughter.

The problem I am facing in crossing the land border these days is that Car Rental companies are not allowing a rental pickup in US and drop in Canada. In order to avoid this problem, I am planning to hire a taxi say from Buffalo Airport all the way up to the place of quarantine in Toronto.

Can somebody confirm if PRTD is required for crossing US-Canada via Airport Taxi?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi All,

I became PR in Aug 2018 and now planning for the final move into Canada via land border either from Detroit(Ambassador Bridge) or Buffalo(Peace Bridge). I do not have PR cards with me and planning to use the COPR documents for myself, my wife and daughter.

The problem I am facing in crossing the land border these days is that Car Rental companies are not allowing a rental pickup in US and drop in Canada. In order to avoid this problem, I am planning to hire a taxi say from Buffalo Airport all the way up to the place of quarantine in Toronto.

Can somebody confirm if PRTD is required for crossing US-Canada via Airport Taxi?
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/2020-nov-soft-landing-at-peace-bridge-w-o-quarantine.711119/page-3#post-9207333

you can read the story from imranece59 in this thread. hope that helps.

Reactions: gvrt88

milon45

Star Member
Jul 10, 2023
Hi All,

Can somebody confirm if PRTD is required for crossing US-Canada via Airport Taxi? you can also check this guide taxi from rhodes airport to pefkos
Using a taxi service from Buffalo Airport to your place of quarantine in Toronto is a viable option, and you should be able to do so with your COPR documents. However, it's essential to double-check the most up-to-date requirements and any potential changes in Canadian entry rules, as immigration policies and travel restrictions can change. You may also want to inform the taxi service about your intentions and ensure they are aware of the documentation you'll be presenting for entry into Canada. Additionally, I recommend verifying any COVID-19-related requirements or restrictions that may be in place, as they could impact your travel plans and quarantine procedures. It's always a good idea to check with the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and the airline or taxi service you plan to use for the most accurate and current information regarding your specific situation. Safe travels!

Feb 5, 2024

you can also check here
<a href="https://www.rhodes-transfer.com" target="_blank">Visit Rhodes Transfer</a>