+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is PoF required if you have LMIA outside of canada

AkelCA

May 28, 2019
Hello,

I am currently working outside of canada online for a canadian employer as an IT technician remotely using internet. The employer has submitted LMIA application for me and waiting for the result.

If I get a positive LMIA from the employer and also ITA under express entry for PR, am I required to show proof of fund?

I have read the CIC website and it is not clear as to whether I need to show proof of funds in my circumstance.

Thanks,

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hello,

I am currently working outside of canada online for a canadian employer as an IT technician remotely using internet. The employer has submitted LMIA application for me and waiting for the result.

If I get a positive LMIA from the employer and also ITA under express entry for PR, am I required to show proof of fund?

I have read the CIC website and it is not clear as to whether I need to show proof of funds in my circumstance.

Thanks,
You need to have a job offer, regardless of whether or not you're working now. Only then will you be able to avoid POF.

AkelCA

May 28, 2019
I do have a permanent employment offer on the condition that I am able to come to canada. The employer also used this offer to submit an LMIA request.

What is ambigious to me is that on CIC website below, it says that I have to be authorized to work in canada AND also have a valid job offer:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

But I can only know if I will be authorized to work in canada only after I get my PR approved. And at the bottom of this page it also says this:
"If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer"

So still not sure if I need to show PoF or not as the two points I mentioned above from CIC seems to be conflicting

Thanks,

Raison

May 28, 2019
If you are able to get a positive LMIA, you do not need to submit POF. What this means is that you should upload a PDF stating you have a "valid job offer with LMIA, hence are exempt from the POF" in the respective section. All the best!

AkelCA

May 28, 2019
Thanks Raison,

Is there an official material about this from CIC or any other resource you can point me too?

Raison

May 28, 2019
Thanks Raison,

Is there an official material about this from CIC or any other resource you can point me too?
You quoted the official material in your last post itself. Read it again: "If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer"