+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is PNP for outlanders too?

sharansingh

Star Member
Oct 20, 2019
IRCC is conducting only two types of draws CEC and PNP. Is PNP for outlanders too or is it same like CEC for the people staying inside Canada?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
IRCC is conducting only two types of draws CEC and PNP. Is PNP for outlanders too or is it same like CEC for the people staying inside Canada?
PNP is for outlanders and inlanders so everyone is going for PNPs now. Most PNPs require a job offer, and get points for living, working or having family in the province so will help inlanders.

sharansingh

Star Member
Oct 20, 2019
PNP is for outlanders and inlanders so everyone is going for PNPs now. Most PNPs require a job offer, and get points for living, working or having family in the province so will help inlanders.
I am only concerned about Ontario PNP. They only consider applications based on EE points right?

sharansingh

Star Member
Oct 20, 2019
It may be okay. Ontario may be changing criteria but has not yet been announced.
I keep checking on Ontario's EE cutoffs. Their upper limit is always "467" whereas mine will be 468. Is that going to create any problem for me? Because I will by staying above the mentioned range, not within it.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I keep checking on Ontario's EE cutoffs. Their upper limit is always "467" whereas mine will be 468. Is that going to create any problem for me? Because I will by staying above the mentioned range, not within it.
Who knows. Also remember that for OINP Tech draws they may not select all the NOCs that draw. So your NOC and CRS score must be selected. Processing is very long. You will see people on the forum who were nominated a year ago and have yet to receive AOR.

sharansingh

Star Member
Oct 20, 2019
Who knows. Also remember that for OINP Tech draws they may not select all the NOCs that draw. So your NOC and CRS score must be selected. Processing is very long. You will see people on the forum who were nominated a year ago and have yet to receive AOR.
Yes, I don't mind the time duration. It's already too late since 2020, therefore I don't even mind a further delay of 2 or more years. As far as NOC selection by OINP Tech Draws is concerned, 2173 is always there so that is not even a problem.

sharansingh

Star Member
Oct 20, 2019
Yes, I don't mind the time duration. It's already too late since 2020, therefore I don't even mind a further delay of 2 or more years. As far as NOC selection by OINP Tech Draws is concerned, 2173 is always there so that is not even a problem.
However, by Fall 2022 I have planned to go to the USA for MS. I want to understand the complications that may arise if I get my AOR or COPR while staying there. Since it is going to be an OINP, do provinces want you there in Canada right from day 1? or Can I wait 3 years after COPR and then go over there. (Because PR is for 5 years and it is mandatory to spend at least 2 from those 5 years to extend the PR).

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
However, by Fall 2022 I have planned to go to the USA for MS. I want to understand the complications that may arise if I get my AOR or COPR while staying there. Since it is going to be an OINP, do provinces want you there in Canada right from day 1? or Can I wait 3 years after COPR and then go over there. (Because PR is for 5 years and it is mandatory to spend at least 2 from those 5 years to extend the PR).
COPR will have a time that you must land in Canada. You don’t need to be there on Day 1.

sharansingh

Star Member
Oct 20, 2019
Usually up to one year from date of medical. You will know when you get it.
Ok, one last thing. I think I was not clear enough in my last question. Assuming I choose to go to Canada on the last day of my COPR expiry. So once there, can I leave within a week or two and stay outside for 3 years? Or does the province nomination want me to stay there right from the beginning of my PR? I know with FSW, people used to do these kinds of stuff, but I am not clear much about if it is achievable when you reach there through PNP.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Ok, one last thing. I think I was not clear enough in my last question. Assuming I choose to go to Canada on the last day of my COPR expiry. So once there, can I leave within a week or two and stay outside for 3 years? Or does the province nomination want me to stay there right from the beginning of my PR? I know with FSW, people used to do these kinds of stuff, but I am not clear much about if it is achievable when you reach there through PNP.
You can do a soft landing and leave. You need to still meet residency obligations.

Reactions: sharansingh