+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is PNP for outlanders too?

D

Deleted member 1050918

You can do a soft landing and leave. You need to still meet residency obligations.
Could you elaborate on those residency obligations? Are you referring to the requirements to keep your PR valid? Also how is soft landing available for PNPs? I keep hearing about PNPs soft landing but doesn't it make the officers uneasy and make your intentions to live in your nominating province questionable? Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Could you elaborate on those residency obligations? Are you referring to the requirements to keep your PR valid? Also how is soft landing available for PNPs? I keep hearing about PNPs soft landing but doesn't it make the officers uneasy and make your intentions to live in your nominating province questionable? Thanks
Soft landings are feasible for anyone.

No, this doesn't appear to create any uneasiness. The only thing that appears to create issues is if it's evident someone plans to immediately settle in a different province.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Soft landings are feasible for anyone.

No, this doesn't appear to create any uneasiness. The only thing that appears to create issues is if it's evident someone plans to immediately settle in a different province.
So are you saying "I plan to settle in my nominating province, just not now, but in the near future (few months let's say)" is completely acceptable?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So are you saying "I plan to settle in my nominating province, just not now, but in the near future (few months let's say)" is completely acceptable?
No, I'm not saying that. The specific example discussed above was where someone was planning to do a soft landing and then return to Canada a couple of years later.

Whether the specific situation you've described works or will be a problem depends on a number of factors. One exmple where this won't work is if someone is already in Canada and living and working in a different province. If that's the scenario and they try the above line during landing, I see a high chane of problems because regardless of what the person says their intentions are, actions speak louder than words and the actions say they are already settled somewhere else.

D

Deleted member 1050918

No, I'm not saying that. The specific example discussed above was where someone was planning to do a soft landing and then return to Canada a couple of years later.

Whether the specific situation you've described works or will be a problem depends on a number of factors. One exmple where this won't work is if someone is already in Canada and living and working in a different province. If that's the scenario and they try the above line during landing, I see a high chane of problems because regardless of what the person says their intentions are, actions speak louder than words and the actions say they are already settled somewhere else.
Sorry for taking your time but let me make it a concrete example:

- The person is an outlander and a PNP nominee so their soft landing will be their first time landing in Canada
- The person wants to do a soft landing: Go to their nominating province directly, get their CoPR signed by an officer, and move back to their country
- The person intends to come back to their nominating province directly after some time (sooner than 2 years)

Is this okay?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sorry for taking your time but let me make it a concrete example:

- The person is an outlander and a PNP nominee so their soft landing will be their first time landing in Canada
- The person wants to do a soft landing: Go to their nominating province directly, get their CoPR signed by an officer, and move back to their country
- The person intends to come back to their nominating province directly after some time (sooner than 2 years)

Is this okay?
No issues.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
can it be "sooner than 3 years" rather "2 years"? I just want to know the maximum time period. TIA
The maximum period of time is 3 years. However planning to stay out for three full years is an extremely bad plan that has a very high chance of going wrong.

If someone stays out for 3 straight years, this means they must remain in Canada for 2 straight years (without leaving) once they return to Canada in order to meet the residency obligation. This means no traveling out of Canada for family emergencies, for business, for vacation, etc. This is generally an unrealistic plan for most people and creates hardships.

If someone stays out for 3 straight years, there can also be things that go wrong with their travel plans last minute that force them to remain outside of Canada for longer than 3 years. Once someone does this, they are no longer in compliance with the residency obligation and risk being reported on entry to Canada for failing to meet RO.

Keep in mind that the longer you remain outside of Canada and the closer you return to the three year mark, the less flexibility you will have over the next two years. So let's say you return to Canada after being outside of Canada for 2 years, 11 months and 2 weeks. That basically means you have only two weeks over the next two years that you can spend outside of Canada. Increadibly risky if you have any family members (e.g. parents) outside of Canada or want the flexibility to be able to take vacations outside of Canada. We see way too many people here return at the 3 year mark or very close to the 3 year mark and then they have huge problems. But your choice of course.

sharansingh

Star Member
Oct 20, 2019
The maximum period of time is 3 years. However planning to stay out for three full years is an extremely bad plan that has a very high chance of going wrong.

If someone stays out for 3 straight years, this means they must remain in Canada for 2 straight years (without leaving) once they return to Canada in order to meet the residency obligation. This means no traveling out of Canada for family emergencies, for business, for vacation, etc. This is generally an unrealistic plan for most people and creates hardships.

If someone stays out for 3 straight years, there can also be things that go wrong with their travel plans last minute that force them to remain outside of Canada for longer than 3 years. Once someone does this, they are no longer in compliance with the residency obligation and risk being reported on entry to Canada for failing to meet RO.

Keep in mind that the longer you remain outside of Canada and the closer you return to the three year mark, the less flexibility you will have over the next two years. So let's say you return to Canada after being outside of Canada for 2 years, 11 months and 2 weeks. That basically means you have only two weeks over the next two years that you can spend outside of Canada. Increadibly risky if you have any family members (e.g. parents) outside of Canada or want the flexibility to be able to take vacations outside of Canada. We see way too many people here return at the 3 year mark or very close to the 3 year mark and then they have huge problems. But your choice of course.
Thank you for such a detailed answer.

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
Who knows. Also remember that for OINP Tech draws they may not select all the NOCs that draw. So your NOC and CRS score must be selected. Processing is very long. You will see people on the forum who were nominated a year ago and have yet to receive AOR.
That’s absolutely untrue. OINP HCP is linked to EE. People receive nomination within 3 months per trend, and once nomination is done they will be picked up by the next ITA. get your facts right, lol.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
That’s absolutely untrue. OINP HCP is linked to EE. People receive nomination within 3 months per trend, and once nomination is done they will be picked up by the next ITA. get your facts right, lol.
So in terms of processing if they get nominated and have ITA they will be in Canada within 6-10 months? I am talking about coming to Canada in ”terms of processing.” Share how quickly you moved to Canada and received COPR?

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
So in terms of processing if they get nominated and have ITA they will be in Canada within 6-10 months? I am talking about coming to Canada in ”terms of processing.” Share how quickly you moved to Canada and received COPR?
> ITA they will be in Canada within 6-10 months
6 is too little. Realistically 10-18 months post AOR.

Personally I got Ontario NOI in Oct, took around 2 months to receive nomination, AOR in Jan 2022, but now I'm on work permit in Canada, which is different.

Sharing a person's timeline in Ontario PNP group:
NOI: March 2 2021
Nomination: June 15 2021
ITA: June 23 2021
AOR: Jul 16 2021
Medical passed: Nov 18 2021
Biometric: Nov 21 2021
PPR: Jan 31 2022

Reactions: dankboi