Med's Done....
04-02-2015
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
31-03-2015
LANDED..........
30-05-2015
I have been reading this forum comments and it appears to me that people feel getting a PER is almost getting through the process. But I think it is not..for this I am reproducing the contents from CIC website below. My understanding is that getting a PER (Positive Determination of Eligibility for Review) means your application will NOW BE PROCESSED for ELIGIBILITY REVIEW. You are NOT ELIGIBLE just by getting a PER. That is why it takes a month for the file to reach LVO as one month is the PROCESSING TIME.
===============
Phase: Eligibility Review

An officer at the CIO will make a final determination as to whether you meet all the eligibility criteria and your application is eligible for processing.

If your application is not eligible for processing, you will be sent a letter that:

explains the reason(s) why your application is not eligible for processing, and
confirms that a refund for the processing fee will be issued.
Phase: Selection and Admissibility

If your application is eligible for processing, your application will be assessed against the following requirements:

minimum requirements
selection factors
sufficient funds
admissibility (criminality, security, medical)

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
v_g1973 said:
I have been reading this forum comments and it appears to me that people feel getting a PER is almost getting through the process. But I think it is not..for this I am reproducing the contents from CIC website below. My understanding is that getting a PER (Positive Determination of Eligibility for Review) means your application will NOW BE PROCESSED for ELIGIBILITY REVIEW. You are NOT ELIGIBLE just by getting a PER. That is why it takes a month for the file to reach LVO as one month is the PROCESSING TIME.
===============
Phase: Eligibility Review

An officer at the CIO will make a final determination as to whether you meet all the eligibility criteria and your application is eligible for processing.

If your application is not eligible for processing, you will be sent a letter that:

explains the reason(s) why your application is not eligible for processing, and
confirms that a refund for the processing fee will be issued.
Phase: Selection and Admissibility

If your application is eligible for processing, your application will be assessed against the following requirements:

minimum requirements
selection factors
sufficient funds
PER is important for three main reasons:

1. This is the first official communication applicants receive from CIC.

2. Getting PER means the application is found eligible for processing under the selected criteria (yes, applications are ALREADY reviewed for eligibility when PER is issued; time it takes for the file to be transferred over to VO or to get notification from VO might be quite different; some VOs don't even acknowledge receiving your file), and this is the bottleneck for FSW applications. Once you are found eligible for processing, chances of getting rejected is very low.

3. This ties in with the second point. Based on data from previous and current applicants, most rejected applications get rejected BEFORE getting PER. So the chances of getting rejection after getting a PER is very very very low.

So, although getting a PER is not an automatic PR, the chances of getting a PR after a PER is exponentially high, hence the reason applicants are happy and relieved after getting PER.

v_g1973

Star Member
Oct 16, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-07-2014
Nomination.....
20-11-2014
AOR Received.
22-01-2015
Med's Request
28-01-2015
Med's Done....
04-02-2015
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
31-03-2015
LANDED..........
30-05-2015
Two points:
1) If your application is eligible for processing, your application will be assessed against the following requirements:

minimum requirements
selection factors
sufficient funds

Does it not mean that after PER, your application is actually REVIEWED

2) Why does it take the file one-month to reach local visa office? I am quite certain that it is the an electronic file and not a hard copy.