+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is Passport submission is Mandatory to get PR card upon COPR?

Ezhilsdb4u

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Hi all,

I'm expecting COPR anytime by now. Unfortunately, my spouse is in India and she have to stay there for next 5 months. If i get COPR in the meantime, should we need to submit her passport to get the PR card? or can i get PR card without pp submission?

Ezhilsdb4u

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Thanks Sainiranjan. Did you submitted recently? people saying, recently process changed that passport submission is not necessary.

rs572

Dec 10, 2016
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017,
AOR Received.
Application received on 18-05-2017
Med's Done....
Medical test passed on 27-05-2017
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
June 1, 2018
Thanks Sainiranjan. Did you submitted recently? people saying, recently process changed that passport submission is not necessary.
Yes, process has changed for in Canada applicants. They provide a link for online portal in COPR where you have to confirm your in Canada address and submit digital photo and you will get your card within a week as mentioned on cic site.
However, candidate can not do this process from out of Canada. So, your wife may have to submit passport. Make sure with cic as well by a phone.

Ezhilsdb4u

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Yes, process has changed for in Canada applicants. They provide a link for online portal in COPR where you have to confirm your in Canada address and submit digital photo and you will get your card within a week as mentioned on cic site.
However, candidate can not do this process from out of Canada. So, your wife may have to submit passport. Make sure with cic as well by a phone.
Thanks Much for detail Explanation.. One final question. How soon we should submit the passport after we get COPR?

rs572

Dec 10, 2016
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017,
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
June 1, 2018
Thanks Much for detail Explanation.. One final question. How soon we should submit the passport after we get COPR?
I am not sure about that. But, they may give date in COPR. check out the threads regarding passport . those people may guide you properly about it.

Sneha Anthony

May 31, 2019
I am not sure about that. But, they may give date in COPR. check out the threads regarding passport . those p/eople may guide you properly about it.
Hi there Could you please advise if it is mandatory to submit passport of applicant and dependents together ? Actually, I recently applied for PR and received a letter to submit our passport and photo for CoPR and visa-stamping. I am the primary applicant and I am presently in India with my kid but my husband is in Canada. I am looking for your valuable advice on how to move ahead when submitting passport for stamping (questions below). Could anyone please answer my following questions.
1. Can I submit my and kid passport and photos at VFS India without my spouse documents?
2. Can my dependent husband independently proceed for Passport-stamping in Canada ?
3. Can my dependent spouse apply for CoPR before me ?
Thank you so much for your help!

rs572

Dec 10, 2016
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017,
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
June 1, 2018
Hi there Could you please advise if it is mandatory to submit passport of applicant and dependents together ? Actually, I recently applied for PR and received a letter to submit our passport and photo for CoPR and visa-stamping. I am the primary applicant and I am presently in India with my kid but my husband is in Canada. I am looking for your valuable advice on how to move ahead when submitting passport for stamping (questions below). Could anyone please answer my following questions.
1. Can I submit my and kid passport and photos at VFS India without my spouse documents?
2. Can my dependent husband independently proceed for Passport-stamping in Canada ?
3. Can my dependent spouse apply for CoPR before me ?
Thank you so much for your help!
Hello Sneha,

I am not sure about all of your questions. As I said in my earlier posts, for in Canada applications, applicant have to log in to PR Confirmation Portal to upload pic and to confirm that they are in Canada. IRCC sends an email about PR confirmation portal to relevant applicants.

As you said your husband is in Canada and you are primary applicant in India, so as mentioned in your letter you should submit your and your kid' passport in Indian vfs that is sure. I am not sure about your husband as he is in Canada and not primary applicant. You can tell your husband to phone cic and ask them where he should submit passport. Generally people can submit passport anywhere in the world in vfs. But confirm it with cic. He can also ask through webform to cic.

Sneha Anthony

May 31, 2019
Hello Sneha,

I am not sure about all of your questions. As I said in my earlier posts, for in Canada applications, applicant have to log in to PR Confirmation Portal to upload pic and to confirm that they are in Canada. IRCC sends an email about PR confirmation portal to relevant applicants.

As you said your husband is in Canada and you are primary applicant in India, so as mentioned in your letter you should submit your and your kid' passport in Indian vfs that is sure. I am not sure about your husband as he is in Canada and not primary applicant. You can tell your husband to phone cic and ask them where he should submit passport. Generally people can submit passport anywhere in the world in vfs. But confirm it with cic. He can also ask through webform to cic.
Thank you so much.