+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is one-month gap ok for "continuous" work experience for FSW EE?

ireneld1919

Oct 31, 2018
Hello, I worked in 2 different companies in the same position (same job title, NOC-A), but I had a month gap before starting the second job.
Does this still meet the requirement of the continuous 1 year work experience?

Here is the scenario:
July, 2017 -- January, 2018 -- part-time company A (21hr/week)
March, 2018 -- October, 2018 -- full-time company B (37.5hr/week)

Besides, can I mix the hours of part-time and full-time jobs to meet 1,560 hours?

Thank you.

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
Hello, I worked in 2 different companies in the same position (same job title, NOC-A), but I had a month gap before starting the second job.
Does this still meet the requirement of the continuous 1 year work experience?

Here is the scenario:
July, 2017 -- January, 2018 -- part-time company A (21hr/week)
March, 2018 -- October, 2018 -- full-time company B (37.5hr/week)

Besides, can I mix the hours of part-time and full-time jobs to meet 1,560 hours?

Thank you.
Even if there was no gap, it would not meet the requirement. It needs to be in the same company.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even if there was no gap, it would not meet the requirement. It needs to be in the same company.
That's incorrect. It must be in the chosen Primary NOC and it can be with more than one company as long as there is no break in continuity.

"
Minimum work experience requirement
The applicant must have accumulated at least one year of continuous full-time (or the equivalent in part-time) paid work experience in the occupation identified in their application for permanent residence as their primary occupation. In calculating this period of work experience, the occupation must be listed in skill type 0 (Managerial occupations), skill level A (Professional occupations) or skill level B (Technical occupations and skilled trades) of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2016 [R75(2)(a)]."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/federal-skilled-workers/assessing-applications-against-minimum-requirements.html

Reactions: pizzaboy99

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
That's incorrect. It must be in the chosen Primary NOC and it can be with more than one company as long as there is no break in continuity.

"
The applicant must have accumulated at least one year of continuous full-time (or the equivalent in part-time) paid work experience in the occupation identified in their application for permanent residence as their primary occupation. In calculating this period of work experience, the occupation must be listed in skill type 0 (Managerial occupations), skill level A (Professional occupations) or skill level B (Technical occupations and skilled trades) of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2016 [R75(2)(a)]."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/federal-skilled-workers/assessing-applications-against-minimum-requirements.html
My bad :(. Thanks for the clarification.

ireneld1919

Oct 31, 2018
No. It does not meet the requirement.
Thanks for the answer.
I'm still working in the company B now, so does it mean that I can not use the work experience in company A anyway(not for the points, just for 1 year work experience)?
Is there any similar case didn't go through? like a few weeks between changing the jobs
Thanks again

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the answer.
I'm still working in the company B now, so does it mean that I can not use the work experience in company A anyway(not for the points, just for 1 year work experience)?
Is there any similar case didn't go through? like a few weeks between changing the jobs
Thanks again
You cannot use it to meet the continuity requirement.

Reactions: ireneld1919

Doc_2005

Apr 9, 2019
So i was at a clinic for more than 2 yrs,with 1 -2 months gap for holidays..every yr. Can that experience be counted in months altogether, skipping the gaps ???

Like instead of showing 2 yrs, i just count the months in total.

P.S i alrdy have 1 yr continuos exp at another place.

netxor

Feb 13, 2018

"

Hi, My friend has changed a company from one to another, she has been working under the same NOC (with the same duties) but she had a gap of 3 days between changing job place. Is this okay under "Continuous 1 year full-time work experience"?

NoelPillay

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
4021, 2282
Hello guys/moderators here. I'm stuck with my work experience, Before EE eligibility i need to first qualify under the Minimum Requirements i.e. 4-5 yrs experience so i can get 67/100 in the FSW.
I'm 37, Bachelor Degree, with language 8,7,7,7. Will the break up below constitute the 4-5 yrs experience. Please help guys.....I was working in NOC 4021 between

1) Feb 2012 – Nov 2015 (1st company: employee/ full time) 3yrs 9 month
2) Jan 2016 – April 2016 (2nd company- contract/full-time/9hr-5 days per week.) 4 months
3) Sep 2016 - Sep 2016 (5 day contract/ 9hrs): I know this is good as nothing

Total Years in NOC 4021: 4 yrs 1 month

Need your help...please

Last edited: