+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is oath ceremony invitation always sent via paper mail? Or email..?

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just wonder if oath invitation are sent out via paper mail or email, or it's just shown in eCAS?

So far I received AOR/test-invitation via email. And now I see DM in eCAS.
I'm wondering if I will receive oath invitation via paper mail or email..

Thanks a lot.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Munchenxx said:
Just wonder if oath invitation are sent out via paper mail or email, or it's just shown in eCAS?

Thanks a lot.
Mostly by mail, but recently someone received it on their email. It went to their junk folder and the person missed the oath.
I received my AOR by email, but test and oath invites were both received by mail...

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wes786 said:
Mostly by mail, but recently someone received it on their email. It went to their junk folder and the person missed the oath.
I received my AOR by email, but test and oath invites were both received by mail...
Wow, so now I have to add to my eCas, ATIP, and mail box routine another one, checking my junk email. Thanks CIC

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks guys...
So CIC is working in a randomly selected way...why should I be surprised,that's their style, always..

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Munchenxx said:
Thanks guys...
So CIC is working in a randomly selected way...why should I be surprised,that's their style, always..
Yeah pretty much!!

Keep a regular check of eCAS, junk folder and your mailbox. One of these days you will be surprised!

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Munchenxx said:

Thanks a lot.
Oath invitation (red color paper) is normally sent by regular mail at least 15 days in advance.

Wish you all the best.

bubbelbine

May 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's pretty random. For my test Ecas was updated first, then the letter came. For my oath only a letter came, Ecas still hasn't been updated.

I am just confused when people say the oath letter is red? All pages in my oath letter were just regular white paper.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Oath invitation (red color paper) is normally sent by regular mail at least 15 days in advance.

Wish you all the best.
bubbelbine said:
It's pretty random. For my test Ecas was updated first, then the letter came. For my oath only a letter came, Ecas still hasn't been updated.

I am just confused when people say the oath letter is red? All pages in my oath letter were just regular white paper.
same here...May be they use red/pink paper in some cities, but all my invites were on white paper.

There is absolutely no consistency in how they update or send things, it is pretty random. So check everything on a regular basis. The ecas is not the best system to rely on either, but it is a good thing to watch because sometimes that gets updated and then you know to expect a letter, and sometimes you receive the letter in the mail first and then the ecas gets updated.

I received the test invite first and then the ecas was updated, but my ecas updated first for the oath invite and then I received the letter in the mail.

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
I got my AOR by email. My test invitation was by mail.
At the end of my interview as specifically asked the Officer if I would get the Oath invitation by mail or email. He answered that he doesn't know. It might be either way.

sjakub

Sep 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
links18 said:
It really is totally random. Great work CIC! ???
mehtapr said:
Yes mine was white as well, no real consistency. But for oath in most cases its regular mail.
Maybe it just depends on the local office? Some of them use e-mail, some of them regular mail?

My AOR was an e-mail (with a PDF letter attached).
Both test invite and oath invite were regular letters.

Also, my oath letter was white.

Oh, and my local office is Kitchener.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
sjakub said:
Maybe it just depends on the local office? Some of them use e-mail, some of them regular mail?

My AOR was an e-mail (with a PDF letter attached).
Both test invite and oath invite were regular letters.

Also, my oath letter was white.

Oh, and my local office is Kitchener.
Trust me. Its random within particular local offices....