+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is NOA (notice of assessment) a mandatory document for CEC applicant?

Monija

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
Is NOA ( notice of assessment ) a mandatory document to prove Canadian work experience?
On CIC page it says that for experience in canada we MAY include T4, ROE, NOA etc, but I do not have my NOC for 2014 do you guys think this would be an issue?
Or employment letter, employment reference letter, T4 forms and pay slips would be enough?

f1ahmed

Nov 26, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
30-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2016
LANDED..........
18-02-2016
Monija said:
Is NOA ( notice of assessment ) a mandatory document to prove Canadian work experience?
On CIC page it says that for experience in canada we MAY include T4, ROE, NOA etc, but I do not have my NOC for 2014 do you guys think this would be an issue?
Or employment letter, employment reference letter, T4 forms and pay slips would be enough?
Did you file tax for 2014? If yes, then you should have a copy of your NOA. If you don't have one, just give a call to CRA. they will send you a copy in a week. And only someone who got ITA would know if this is a mandatory document to prove work experience in Canada. thanks.

doobie.doobie

Apr 4, 2015
Monija said:
If you have filed your 2014 taxes, you would have your NOA.
It is on your CRA's website.
if you can't find it contact CRA and they will send you one.
Avoid doing things what you assume will be right. It seems CIC is on a cancellation spree and you don't want to mess around.
Do an honest search for the documents you can get and if not then tell cic about it. NOAs are not hard to get.

Monija

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
That's the problem that I haven't filed taxes for 2014 cause I am still waiting for one of T4 forms from one of my employers (experience from that job doesn't count for CEC) and I also do not reside in Canada anymore. I will try to contact CRA and see if I will be able to create MyAccount with them with expired sin number. Then I could get all NOA online.
Also do you get NOA as soon as you file your tax return or just when CRA views your documents and sends a check?

doobie.doobie

Apr 4, 2015
Monija said:
That's the problem that I haven't filed taxes for 2014 cause I am still waiting for one of T4 forms from one of my employers (experience from that job doesn't count for CEC) and I also do not reside in Canada anymore. I will try to contact CRA and see if I will be able to create MyAccount with them with expired sin number. Then I could get all NOA online.
Also do you get NOA as soon as you file your tax return or just when CRA views your documents and sends a check?
When I filed my taxes online, CRA processed my taxes in a week and NOA was availaible right then.

shakashaka

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
Monija said:
If you log into your CRA account your might be able to get the T4 from your former employer. And you can file online using simpletax.ca

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should file anyway, even if you have not received a T4:

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/tpcs/ncm-tx/rtrn/cmpltng/slps/menu-eng.html

doobie.doobie

Apr 4, 2015
Monija said:
Did you file your taxes online through CRA MyAccount or just other tax return company?
I used simpletax.
I first made sure that CRA has direct deposit information and then I registeterd with simple tax and filed my taxes.
its really simple and free!!