+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IS MY SOP STRONG?

Ashfak1996

Feb 3, 2021
Hello Experienced Members of this forum,

I have a study gap of 8 years and I have submitted my study permit application on Sep 10th for May 2023 and my profile & self written SOP is as below. I would like your honest review of how strong my SOP is and what are my chances of getting visa. Any input you could advise would be greatly appreciated :)

Last education: 12th (Maths,Physics,Chemistry,English) in 2014 with 56.46%
Program: Business General Diploma May 2023 intake at Niagara College Toronto
IELTS: 8.5 with no less than 7.5
Work experience: 7+ years out of which last 5 years have been in business development.

I can understand the less is more aspect with reference to SOP length but I believe I had to jot down every specific reason for justifying my gap, my previous studies, my experience, reasons for studying the program and I ended up with a 6 page letter which can’t be included in the thread so I am attaching a public link to it. Please note I have redacted personal info and company names.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QNawIVzi_j9l8jBXvMAxUBT5SenLvVZYPlKZ2mhUhP8/edit

Last edited:

Ashfak1996

Feb 3, 2021
UPDATE: Received BVL and Medical passed notification today at 9:33 pm IST

The latest trend since last couple of days is of applicants receiving their Medical update and Visa decision on the same date. It has been two hours since I got the medical update but still no decision yet. Fingers crossed and hoping for the best!

michaelofficial123

Star Member
Aug 28, 2022

The latest trend since last couple of days is of applicants receiving their Medical update and Visa decision on the same date. It has been two hours since I got the medical update but still no decision yet. Fingers crossed and hoping for the best!
I wish you the very best Ashfak!

Reactions: Ashfak1996

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

So your application has completed eligibility review?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Experienced Members of this forum,

I have a study gap of 8 years and I have submitted my study permit application on Sep 10th for May 2023 and my profile & self written SOP is as below. I would like your honest review of how strong my SOP is and what are my chances of getting visa. Any input you could advise would be greatly appreciated :)

Last education: 12th (Maths,Physics,Chemistry,English) in 2014 with 56.46%
Program: Business General Diploma May 2023 intake at Niagara College Toronto
IELTS: 8.5 with no less than 7.5
Work experience: 7+ years out of which last 5 years have been in business development.

I can understand the less is more aspect with reference to SOP length but I believe I had to jot down every specific reason for justifying my gap, my previous studies, my experience, reasons for studying the program and I ended up with a 6 page letter which can’t be included in the thread so I am attaching a public link to it. Please note I have redacted personal info and company names.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QNawIVzi_j9l8jBXvMAxUBT5SenLvVZYPlKZ2mhUhP8/edit
Given your work history not sure how a business diploma from a college would lead to career advancement but you never know when it comes to IRCC who gets approved and who doesn’t. They may see good prospects as a future Canadian employee and may overlook the fact that your studies won’t lead to much career benefit.

Ashfak1996

Feb 3, 2021
Given your work history not sure how a business diploma from a college would lead to career advancement but you never know when it comes to IRCC who gets approved and who doesn’t. They may see good prospects as a future Canadian employee and may overlook the fact that your studies won’t lead to much career benefit.
Thank you for your feedback. I did mention in my SOP that I am still working for a small business and how lack of post secondary education in Business field has hindered me from applying to better positions in my home country. I also mentioned how I am choosing this program because of its short and concise nature so I don’t have to take a lengthy break from my career if I were to do a bachelors.

Not sure how seeing good prospects as a future Canadian employee would lead to them overlooking my career advancement. Aren’t we supposed to show that we will return back to home country for better opportunities?