+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is my job offer valid? to get additional 50 points for EE?

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
@zardoz
Hi there, please help me answer the below
In Aug 2019 I applied for PR and availed the valid job offer 50 points. My current work permit is valid till Apr 2020 so during eAPR, I submitted the offer of employment which was Initially provided by my employer.
Recently, my employer filed a WP extension and provider a updated offer of employment with the assignment extension for additional 24 months. Now, PR and WP extension both are processing in parallel.
Do you think this will cause any issue in my PR application?
Hey there
We’re you able to get the pr approval and claimed these 50 job offer points

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
In Aug 2019 I applied for PR and availed the valid job offer 50 points. My current work permit is valid till Apr 2020 so during eAPR, I submitted the offer of employment which was Initially provided by my employer.

Recently, my employer filed a WP extension and provider a updated offer of employment with the assignment extension for additional 24 months.
Hey selfishmouse
Did you get the pr approval and claimed the 50 job offer points
Please confirm I am in the same boat

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
I called CIC yesterday and they were very clear with me that the 1 year after PR requirement is intended to filter out contractual employees. For example there are some employees who have 1 year or two year contracts (this does not mean 2 year work permit as that can be extended). This is what they’re looking to filter out.

The agent asked if I am a full time employee with benefits from the company. When I said yes, she said there shouldn’t be a problem. She asked to provide continuous pay stubs and my T4. Note that she also put me on hold for a few minutes to double check with someone. I plan on submitting my application later this week. Even if my job offer is considered invalid per this wild requirement, I will be above the cut off for CEC.
Hey noorville
Did you get the pr approval and claimed the 50 job offer points
Please confirm I am in the same boat

TTWG!

Dec 30, 2022
Did any of you who posted received the extra 50 points? I would like to know as I am in a similar situation and those points would really make a difference.

Fittionah

Jan 30, 2024
I totally understand your curiosity about the extra 50 points for Express Entry. It can indeed make a significant difference in your immigration journey. While I don't have direct information about individual cases, it's always a good idea to seek insights from others who may have gone through a similar situation.
For more detailed advice and the latest updates on immigration policies, you might want to explore platforms like https://huntly.ai/. They can provide valuable resources and guidance to ensure that your job offer is valid and that you're on the right path to securing those extra points.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: foodie69