+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is my job offer valid? to get additional 50 points for EE?

Mahsapr

Jan 21, 2020
Hi Jes, thank you for your help.

I contacted the CIC again and they said:

For Federal skill worker cases your employer need LMIA for your job offer even If your work permit is exempt and you have a one year experience and AE( arranged employer) is fir FSW. But if you want to get an ITA under CEC you do not need LMIA with your OPGWP, since it is mentioned any employer on your work permit. Also, he said that this condition one ( name of specific employer) is written in general for closed work permit holders such as NAfTA. and since your work permit is open you already cover condition one and “any employer” is written on your work permit.

So I think that only if you are applying for EE under CEC and you have 1 year experience, you don’t need to meet requirement for arranged employer since the word “ any employer” is mentioned on your work permit.
Please help me I am very worried about my job offer points. Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You're on a PGWP - right? If so, this definitely does not count as a job offer for the 50 points. You can only get the 50 points if your employer gets an approved LMIA.

Mahsapr

Jan 21, 2020
You're on a PGWP - right? If so, this definitely does not count as a job offer for the 50 points. You can only get the 50 points if your employer gets an approved LMIA.
Thank you, do you know any CIC links that mentioned It. Do you think that 453 is a low score for 2020?

Pgill2609

Sep 7, 2019
PGWPs are LMIA-exempt. However, for the purpose of having a valid job offer for PR applications, only closed LMIA-exempt work permits are eligible without getting a new LMIA. A closed work permit has a specific employer´s name on it, and you cannot change job without getting a new work permit. PGWPs, on the other hand, are open work permits - there is no employer named on it, and you can change jobs at any time.

So, because you are on an open work permit, your employer would need to get an LMIA to be eligible for a valid job offer.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

Requirements for LMIA exempt - you do not meet the first condition.

"if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
  • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
  • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
  • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa

I contacted cic today and you can change to a closed one with a employer name on it what is your noc

Mahsapr

Jan 21, 2020
I contacted cic today and you can change to a closed one with a employer name on it what is your noc
Hi, thank you.

My NOC is B ( office administrator). I have worked for my employer ( school principal) for one year and He is willing to give me a job offer. If I change it to close one, which employer they will mention on my workpermit? My current employer?
CIC told me that arranged employer is only for EE under FSW and many people and lawyers make a common mistake and consider it for CEC program. It is very confusing.

Reactions: Pgill2609

vdhiman23

Jul 1, 2016
Hi Guys,

What if employee has indefinite period of Permanent job offer. Does he also need to get new offer from employer to claim 50 points after 1 year of job under same employee?

Pgill2609

Sep 7, 2019
Hi, thank you.

My NOC is B ( office administrator). I have worked for my employer ( school principal) for one year and He is willing to give me a job offer. If I change it to close one, which employer they will mention on my workpermit? My current employer?
CIC told me that arranged employer is only for EE under FSW and many people and lawyers make a common mistake and consider it for CEC program. It is very confusing.
You wouldn’t qualify unless you are excempted from lmia you can always ask your employer to email international mobility program to see if you are excempt

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011

In order to change to a closed work permit, your employer needs to get an LMIA. Whichever employer obtains the LMIA is named on the work permit.

The term "arranged employment" is usually used for someone entering Canada on a temporary work permit who has a job before they come (usually with an LMIA, but can also be LMIA exempt, such as an intra-company transfer).

In EE, the term "arranged employment" is sometimes used interchangeably with "valid job offer" for CRS points. CEC applicants are certainly eligible for points for having a valid job offer.

CIC call centre agents are themselves well-known for giving incorrect or misleading information. : )

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi Guys,

What if employee has indefinite period of Permanent job offer. Does he also need to get new offer from employer to claim 50 points after 1 year of job under same employee?
Yes.

vdhiman23

Jul 1, 2016
Is this case for those candidates as well, who are moving to Canada via LMIA and closed work permit of 2 years? If the job is indefinite & full time permanent, then it doesn't make sense for employer to reissue another offer letter after 1 year of completion.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Is this case for those candidates as well, who are moving to Canada via LMIA and closed work permit of 2 years? If the job is indefinite & full time permanent, then it doesn't make sense for employer to reissue another offer letter after 1 year of completion.
By definition, temporary work permits mean the job is... temporary : )

If an employer does not want to retain an employee on a TWP, they can simply decline to renew.
If an employer decides after one year that they do want to retain the employee permanently, then a simple letter to IRCC is painless (compared with getting a new LMIA etc. to renew the work permit).

Chemist@1

Jul 15, 2020
Hi Mahsapr, I am on the same boat. Could you please share your experience with PR application? Have you applied PR by claiming 50 points for the job offer with your PGWP and Canadian experience?
Thanks

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
Hi, thank you.

Having a closed or open (PGWP) work permit has no relationship with the immigration program you want to apply with, FSW or CEC.

Having 1 year of canadian work experience is the minimum requirement to apply under CEC. This does not grant you additional 50 points automatically.

Getting a new closed work permit is up to your employer and getting a positive LMIA first.

There are specific requirements of what makes a job offer valid for immigration purposes:

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=695&top=29

Reactions: scylla

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
Let me clarify since i just met my eligibility requirements

For Closed Work permit for instance you are Inter Company Transfer and you have work permit for 2 years initially you can claim for 50 points for one year of experience - no questions asked here

For Job Offer lets say your ICT employer gives you extension and file for extension of work permit and gives you one year contract and you may end up having 18 months of confirmed job (assuming you get offer early in second year start) you can claim 50 points for Valid Job Offer- Work permit should carry same employer name which it will be

Now here one small catch is that whether they will accept it not - they accepted it for me since my employer explained by association with the company before coming to Canada and value that add to my Company. Also my HR team after consulting with firm legal counsel added the wording- we are giving him one year extension in anticipation of him meeting express entry criteria and getting PR by such date. As per current express entry timelines its six months so i was carrying job offer of one year under extended work permit and 8 months under original work permit - which makes its 20 months.
Also it was added that we will consider extending permanent offer once PR is approved.

Now if IRCC contacted my HR they would have validated this statement by saying that they have history of extending permanent offers once employees get PR and my employer has history of sponsoring employees for PR once they complete 2 years. Its just that i wanted to start early.

But i just got an update that my eligibility has been met

Klopo

Jul 16, 2020
I'm on a PGWP and i have been working for my current employer for 18months. I am on a permanent/full time position NOC A, can I claim the points for a job offer? under PGWP we are exempt from LMIA