+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IS MEDICAL NEEDED RIGHT AWAY WHEN WE FILE APPLICATION?

badhet

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
hi,

Can anyone advise if i have to undergo medical exams and enclose it on my application or visa offices will be the one who's goin to tell me when should i undergo med.???

thanks

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
If your application is under family class-spouse category you should do your medical beforehand. And submit the medical receipt copy along with your application.

Thanks.

badhet

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
habib890 said:
If your application is under family class-spouse category you should do your medical beforehand. And submit the medical receipt copy along with your application.

Thanks.
hi habib,

yes my application isa under spouse category... i was so confuse coz some says that visa offices will be the one who will ask when shall undergo medical....

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Hey there,
some visa office ask you to do the medical test, when your first one is expired and you need a new one. Don't forget the police clearance as well to put it in the application

Misria

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
canda montreal
for how long is the medical report and police clearence certificate good for? Is it possible that they ask for another one as it is taking them so much time to start processing?

Thanks in advance.

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
Medical report is valid for 1 year.
Police clearance, I am not sure yet. If you have submitted a current one during your application, they may not ask for another.

Misria

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
canda montreal
Ok I know for the medical report it will be ok . The police clearance certificate have been done in April of this year. If they can start processing now, (as they received the file of my husband in Cairo Egypt on the 4-6 of July and did not start processing yet) I guess everything will be ok isa.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Usually they don't request for new police certificates. As long as you supply a recent one when applying (most suggest no older than 3 months), it's fine. They do a background check anyway.

By all means though, if you're sponsoring a family class member, get the medical before submiting the application. Even if the DMP tells you otherwise - I had to spend 2 weeks persuading the DMP in Slovenia that I have to take the medical before submiting and in the end they did it for me, but said "fine, but when they reject it, don't blame us!" xD

zubee

Sep 5, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RE the police certificates.

I'm abit confused. As the police from Hong Kong required a letter from Visa Office to issued the certificates. How can i get that before applying the PR applications?

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
From what I know about Honk Kong police certificates, you'll have to get it later, after you have already applied. I'd include a note saying they don't issue it without a request from CIC and thus you couldn't include it to start with but will be happy to do so when you get that request.

Misria said:
You mean a recent police clearance when you apply, not a recent one once they start processing right?

Thanks again.
Correct. "Recent" at the time when Mississauga receives your application. It's not your fault it can take the visa office months to get to processing the app. They do sometimes request fresh police certificates, so there's no gurantee you won't have to deal with that. But for the most part, if it was fresh when you sent it in, it's ok.