+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is LMO required for PGWP extension

charupujari

Jun 20, 2010
I have a post graduate open work permit so for getting a job I dont need LMO, however my WP will expire in Nov and I am worried if i ll need LMO at that time for extending WP. Also, my employer used normal channel of advertising like corportae website would it be difficult to get a positive LMO for us ?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

charupujari said:
I have a post graduate open work permit so for getting a job I dont need LMO, however my WP will expire in Nov and I am worried if i ll need LMO at that time for extending WP. Also, my employer used normal channel of advertising like corportae website would it be difficult to get a positive LMO for us ?
1. The employer would have to get an LMO and would have to advertise for 2 weeks on the job bank. As well would have to demonstrate that CCs/PRs that applied for the job weren't qualified.

tugga82

Dec 15, 2009
PMM, for the PGWP extension, you need an LMO but the employer need not show recruitment/advertisement efforts.

Read this!!!

"In cases where the employer is making a permanent job offer to employees who have completed the PGWPP for employment in a skilled occupation (within National Occupational Classification 0, A and B codes only), the employer will not be required to demonstrate recruitment efforts. It is recommended that the employer submit the application for an LMO approximately four months before the expiry of the Post-Graduation Work Permit."

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/intstugrad.shtml

Hope this helps.

Avez

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tugga82 said:
PMM, for the PGWP extension, you need an LMO but the employer need not show recruitment/advertisement efforts.

Read this!!!

"In cases where the employer is making a permanent job offer to employees who have completed the PGWPP for employment in a skilled occupation (within National Occupational Classification 0, A and B codes only), the employer will not be required to demonstrate recruitment efforts. It is recommended that the employer submit the application for an LMO approximately four months before the expiry of the Post-Graduation Work Permit."

Hope this helps.
Hi there...!!!

Thank you for the above information.

My question - If the employee does not get offered a permanent job offer but instead a temporary job offer (for example: 1 year), what would be the process then?

Avez