sumeshpunakkal

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Victoria, BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I'm creating my express entry profile. I came here on LMO and have a permanent job with my employer and I have now 1+ years of experience in Canada.
In the 'Intended work in Canada' section it's asking the details regarding the LMIA. Since LMO has been renamed to LMIA, I'm not sure whether I can use my old LMO details in this section. (Or should get a new LMIA)
Also the validity of LMO is normally 6 months.
So in the section regarding 'LMIA issue date' and 'LMIA expiry date' what should I enter (the LMO dates with 6 month span) or my work permit expiry date as my LMO was processed for 24 months..

Please help, any help is much appreciated.

Sumesh

SushilEE

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
sumeshpunakkal said:
Hi,
I'm creating my express entry profile. I came here on LMO and have a permanent job with my employer and I have now 1+ years of experience in Canada.
In the 'Intended work in Canada' section it's asking the details regarding the LMIA. Since LMO has been renamed to LMIA, I'm not sure whether I can use my old LMO details in this section. (Or should get a new LMIA)
Also the validity of LMO is normally 6 months.
So in the section regarding 'LMIA issue date' and 'LMIA expiry date' what should I enter (the LMO dates with 6 month span) or my work permit expiry date as my LMO was processed for 24 months..

Please help, any help is much appreciated.

Sumesh
Yupp Sumesh, LMO the term has been replaced with LMIA with more stringent conditions for employers.
Same as you I too had entered in Canada using LMO, I had filed my Express Entry application using LMO number and selected the check box of having valid job offer.

Now, I am a permanent resident. Thus, you can safely proceed. However, make sure your employer mentioned in LMO is same as your job offer states and it is a full time permanent job.

sumeshpunakkal

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Victoria, BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SushilEE said:
Yupp Sumesh, LMO the term has been replaced with LMIA with more stringent conditions for employers.
Same as you I too had entered in Canada using LMO, I had filed my Express Entry application using LMO number and selected the check box of having valid job offer.

Now, I am a permanent resident. Thus, you can safely proceed. However, make sure your employer mentioned in LMO is same as your job offer states and it is a full time permanent job.
Thanks Sushil for the information.
Do you remember what was the LMIA expiry dates you have entered (was it work permit exp date, or LMO exp date of 6 months from LMO approval)

SushilEE

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
sumeshpunakkal said:
Thanks Sushil for the information.
Do you remember what was the LMIA expiry dates you have entered (was it work permit exp date, or LMO exp date of 6 months from LMO approval)
LMO expiry date is set for applying work permit. You need to apply for work permit before LMO expires. However, in case of express entry application please enter your work permit expiry date.
All the best :)