+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is Job Offer still valid?

timecop

Apr 15, 2021
Hi,

I came here in Canada last year Feb 2020 with Closed Work Permit and with 2 years Job Offer contract which includes positive LMIA. Now I'm creating an EE profile and I'm confused if I can still used my Job Offer last year. Although it is still valid but it is less than 1 year because it will expire on Jan 2022.

Question 1: Can I put 'Yes' in my EE profile for Job Offer field, and put also the positive LMIA details that I got last year ?

Question 2: If 'No' how can I get new Job Offer if I am not allowed to work to other company since I have a close work permit? Also, I don't want to break my 2 years contract to my current employer right now. And, I don't think they have plan to extend my contract.

I am eligible for CEC since I am already working for a year now but if I can put my Job Offer it will increase my CRS score and have better chances to get an ITA. Currently, I only have 382.

Hope someone can help or give an idea on my situation.
Thanks in advance.

Maggie Liang

Feb 1, 2020
Hi,

I came here in Canada last year Feb 2020 with Closed Work Permit and with 2 years Job Offer contract which includes positive LMIA. Now I'm creating an EE profile and I'm confused if I can still used my Job Offer last year. Although it is still valid but it is less than 1 year because it will expire on Jan 2022.

Question 1: Can I put 'Yes' in my EE profile for Job Offer field, and put also the positive LMIA details that I got last year ?

Question 2: If 'No' how can I get new Job Offer if I am not allowed to work to other company since I have a close work permit? Also, I don't want to break my 2 years contract to my current employer right now. And, I don't think they have plan to extend my contract.

I am eligible for CEC since I am already working for a year now but if I can put my Job Offer it will increase my CRS score and have better chances to get an ITA. Currently, I only have 382.

Hope someone can help or give an idea on my situation.
Thanks in advance.
Hi I have the same situation. I have a LMIA work permit and a job offer. I worked for some time already and the end date of my offer is June 30, 2023. I wonder what happened to your application because I am in the same boat.

Aisijin

May 10, 2022
Hi I have the same situation. I have a LMIA work permit and a job offer. I worked for some time already and the end date of my offer is June 30, 2023. I wonder what happened to your application because I am in the same boat.
Hi, as I understood, the job offer that would give you 50 points IS NOT the job offer you are currently working on

one is to invite you to get a work visa, other one is to offer you work after you got PR, they are totally two different documents