+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is Job offer from Montreal valid for FSW - LMIA points ?

ajay2020

Jul 20, 2019
Hi

I'm in India currently. I have a job offer from Montreal. Company will get LMIA approval and will share the ref number with me.

Can I claim the 50 points for the LMIA approved job offer in Federal Skilled Worker - express entry scheme ?

Asking this, as couple of friends in Montreal told that if the Job offer is from Montreal (Quebec), then I can't use it for FSW.

They told a job offer from Montreal (Quebec) can be used for Quebec Skilled worker program. But even for that I need French language skill. Is it true ?

Anyone faced this situation ? Kindly suggest which is the best way for me to get PR.

Thanks
Ajay

Last edited:

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You'll be shooting yourself in the leg by claiming a valid job offer from Quebec, your EE application will get cancelled for failing to have the intention to reside outside the province of Quebec

ajay2020

Jul 20, 2019
You'll be shooting yourself in the leg by claiming a valid job offer from Quebec, your EE application will get cancelled for failing to have the intention to reside outside the province of Quebec
sorry I don't understand. Does it mean EE is for all provinces except Quebec ? I've tried searching but maybe not the right way. Would be highly grateful for any official links which clarify this.

What is the best way to capitalize the Montreal job offer to apply for PR asap ? any input/guidance is highly appreciated.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sorry I don't understand. Does it mean EE is for all provinces except Quebec ? I've tried searching but maybe not the right way. Would be highly grateful for any official links which clarify this.

What is the best way to capitalize the Montreal job offer to apply for PR asap ? any input/guidance is highly appreciated.
Eligibility criteria:

"Where you can live in Canada
You must plan to live outside the province of Quebec. The province of Quebec selects its own skilled workers. If you plan on living in Quebec, see Quebec-selected skilled workers for more information."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html