+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it worth doing 1 year M.Engg program??

prgautham

Feb 25, 2015
Hey guys,

I have received an admit from Queen's university for M.Engg in Chemical Engineering. It is a 1 year program.
The program offers the courses which I was looking for. But, the program does not offer any kind of internship or Co-Op opportunities. It is completely course based.

So my question is, Is it worth doing this 1 year program which does not offer any kind of internship opportunities?
Is is worth accepting the offer or should I go for a program which offers industrial internships?

Thanks in advance!

himal015

Jan 30, 2015
Nepal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prgautham said:
Hey guys,

I have received an admit from Queen's university for M.Engg in Chemical Engineering. It is a 1 year program.
The program offers the courses which I was looking for. But, the program does not offer any kind of internship or Co-Op opportunities. It is completely course based.

So my question is, Is it worth doing this 1 year program which does not offer any kind of internship opportunities?
Is is worth accepting the offer or should I go for a program which offers industrial internships?

Thanks in advance!
Go ahead with MEng... Its very tough to get MSc in canadian universities which is research based...

koolbnda

May 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prgautham said:
Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!
I personally feel that you should go for the program which offers you internship because getting Canadian experience is much important.

vish22

Star Member
Oct 12, 2014
Will you get a PGWP(post graduate work permit) of 1 year or 3 years with Meng course of 1 year?

koolbnda

May 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vish22 said:
Will you get a PGWP(post graduate work permit) of 1 year or 3 years with Meng course of 1 year?
1 year course give PGWP of 1 year only.

prgautham

Feb 25, 2015
vish22 said:
I think I will be getting a work permit of 1 year. The visa rules states that, for programs having duration of more than 9 months and less than 2 years, the permit given will be same as that of the study period.

This is also one more thing to think about. Having a PGWP of 1 year and no internship opportunities for the program, will it be worth going for??

vish22

Star Member
Oct 12, 2014
But some of my frined got a PGWP of 3 years with a course of 16 months.i guess it all depends on luck

koolbnda

May 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vish22 said:
But some of my frined got a PGWP of 3 years with a course of 16 months.i guess it all depends on luck
sometimes it depends upon credit hours too and generally 16 months course is considered as 2 years. so for 2 years of course you get PGWP of 3 years.