+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it true you can't just move to Quebec?

pinurmato

Feb 14, 2023
the number for foreigners for the skilled worker program Quebec has their own so you to do it through them and not through the federal government. So is there something like that for actual Canadian citizens to? I imagine they don't want a bunch of English-speaking people influx into their territory shifting the demographics

pinurmato

Feb 14, 2023
the number for foreigners for the skilled worker program Quebec has their own so you to do it through them and not through the federal government. So is there Speed Test something like that for actual Canadian citizens to? I imagine they don't want a bunch of English-speaking people influx into their territory shifting the demographics
I got this,..

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
What the hell are you talking about???????????????????????????????????????????????????
Quebec is the last bastion of humanity, an impenetrable fortress. Its capital is the last city on the Western hemisphere completely surrounded by a wall.
An army of Bonhommes de Carnaval guards it. Behold and fear it.

lmao

Reactions: QC_

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Quebec is the last bastion of humanity, an impenetrable fortress. Its capital is the last city on the Western hemisphere completely surrounded by a wall.

lmao
I'd marry a Quebec girl, that Franco-Canadian accent drives me nuts

QC_

Star Member
Sep 2, 2022

lmao
Amen.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
the number for foreigners for the skilled worker program Quebec has their own so you to do it through them and not through the federal government. So is there something like that for actual Canadian citizens to? I imagine they don't want a bunch of English-speaking people influx into their territory shifting the demographics
Quebec has certain Programs and laws to ensure that the French language continues to be the main language in Quebec. For example children of PRs are required to attend French school.

Reactions: andrews17

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
Quebec has certain Programs and laws to ensure that the French language continues to be the main language in Quebec. For example children of PRs are required to attend French school.
The restrictions do not apply to colleges universities, or to private schools that do not accept government subsidies.
( recently a change happened to the percentage of people that can be accepted in english Cegep )

As a general rule, only these children can attend an English school in Quebec:

• a child has a parent who is a Canadian citizen and the parent received most of his or her elementary schooling in English in Canada
  • a child has a parent who is a Canadian citizen and the child received most of his or her elementary or secondary schooling in English in Canada
  • brothers and sisters of a child mentioned above
  • a child whose mother or father attended school in Quebec after August 26, 1977 and this parent could have been declared eligible for English school at that time
There are several exceptions to these rules. For example, children living in Quebec temporarily, children with learning disabilities and children experiencing serious family or humanitarian situations can ask to attend English school even if they would not normally qualify.

The rules are also different for schools where the language of instruction is an Indigenous language.

To enrol a child in an English school, the parent or legal guardian of the child must file an application with the school board or private school where the child wants to attend school.