+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it save to move to Entwistle Alberta..How's the town..

Rajan Grover

May 27, 2013
Can someone suggest me ..how's the entwistle city in Alberta...

Is it save to move that city or not...???

as i checked on wikipedia ..it's saying there is only 500 people lives there..

has someone experienced..this kind of situation..

Please let me know if you have any knowledge about the city how 's employer there or any other comments welcome.

Rajan

obib

Star Member
Dec 3, 2011
If you are already in Canada I suggest you take some days and visit Entwistle yourself in order to have a first hand experience.While there,try and ask around from the locals.I believe that experience will enable you make an informed decision however,be rest assured that security is something you can take for granted in most location in Canada Goodluck!

Rajan Grover

May 27, 2013
Regina said:
If you have a job offer from there and no any other options (and job offers) then it depends on your situation : are you PR? Are you on any onther kind of visa? Or how long have you been looking for job?
Hi Regina,

I am not PR.. I just completed my college from Toronto and i do have the Job offer from Entwistle ..

I heard from somewhere if you go there you will get PR faster than metro city.

Is it right or not?

I Googled on the city as well this is on the higway it is a town.

And This would be my Job in NoC category.

I am little confused and suggest me should i move there or not.

Rajan

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And This would be my Job in NoC category.
0-A-B?

I will tell you the story. Real story that happened to my compatriot.
He came to Canada as PR. He was a radio engineer with tons of experience at radio-stations but as usual, he did not have CANADIAN experience. So sitting in Toronto and looking for jobs there did not help much. And after a year of clenching to Toronto and working night shifts in a bakery , he finally decided to look at jobs out of Toronto. He got an offer from a small place in the Northern BC with a quite good radio-station. So, he accepted it. Yea, but first he went for the interview there on the radio-station expense. Being from a big city (Toronto, and before in his home-country ) he did not like the place very much. But he also did not have many options to get into profession and get rid of "night shifts in bakery". So he moved to that out of ways place. He lived and worked very well there.He WAS an excellent engineer and the boss loved him. Then 1,5 years later , having a CANADIAN experience, he found another job at another radio-station in a big city in Alberta and was ready to move there. It happened that at that time his coworker from his home country also moved to Canada to Toronto and had been looking for a job already for 6 months there. So the first guy suggested the boss to look at the second guy, and because he (the first guy) RECOMMENDED the second one , the second was hired on spot. And the first guy moved to the bigger city, the second guy got his job, and the boss was happy too. :D

What I am trying to say- if you do not have other options - go for this one. People are good there, I am sure. You will get your Canadian experience, get your PR, and after that you will be ready to move on to any place in Canada (where is a job for you :D)

Rajan Grover

May 27, 2013
Regina said:
0-A-B?

I will tell you the story. Real story that happened to my compatriot.
He came to Canada as PR. He was a radio engineer with tons of experience on radio-stations but as usual, he did not have CANADIAN experience. So sitting in Toronto and looking to jobs there did not help. And after a year of clenching to Toronto and working night shifts in a bakery , he finally decided to look at jobs out of Toronto. He got an offer from a small place in the Northern BC with a quite good radio-station. So, he accepted it. Yea, but first he went for the interview there on the radio-station expense. Being from a big city (Toronto, and before in his home-country ) he did not like the place very much. But he also did not have many options to get into profession and get rid of "night shifts in bakery". So he moved to that out of ways place. He lived and worked very well there.He WAS an excellent engineer and the boss loved him. Then 1,5 years later , having a CANADIAN experience, he found another job at another radio-station in a big city in Alberta and was ready to move there. It happened that at that time his coworker from his home country also moved to Canada to Toronto and had been looking for a job already for 6 months there. So the first guy suggested the boss to look at the second guy, and because he (the first guy) RECOMMENDED the second one , the second was hired on spot. And the first guy moved to the bigger city, the second guy got his job, and the boss was happy too. :D

What I am trying to say- if you do not have other options - go for this one. People are good there, I am sure. You will get your Canadian experience, get your PR, and after that you will be ready to move on to any place in Canada (where is a job for you :D)
I think you are very good story teller,anyways thank you very much for sharing your experience and make my thoughts clean and clear.

I am moving to that town.

This is very odd question..?

If you could suggest which transport mode should i choose to move to Toronto to Edmonton ..I do have 5 bags ..Movers and packers is quite expenses..

Share your experience....

Thanks you very much in advance.... :)

Rajan

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I suppose you do not have a vehicle which you could drive there?
Compare how expensive is 1. payment for "extra bags" on a flight 2. transportation (packages) by Greyhound.
Also, if you decide to pay for extra bags, then whoever you correspond there to at Entwistle explain to them that you do not have a car and have a lot of bags and will appreciate very much if somebody could pick you (and your luggage) at the airport.

I looked at the map. It is only an hour drive to Edmonton, so in summer you could easily go there for entertaining :) Driving 200 km a day - in Canada is not a problem. You could start playing golf in Entwistle (a very useful skill for networking in any place you get later ;)) Also there is only hour drive from Entwistle to Jasper (a BEAUTIFUL place in the Rockies :))

Rajan Grover

May 27, 2013
Regina said:
I suppose you do not have a vehicle which you could drive there?
Compare how expensive is 1. payment for "extra bags" on a flight 2. transportation (packages) by Greyhound.
Also, if you decide to pay for extra bags, then whoever you correspond there to at Entwistle explain to them that you do not have a car and have a lot of bags and will appreciate very much if somebody could pick you (and your luggage) at the airport.

I looked at the map. It is only an hour drive to Edmonton, so in summer you could easily go there for entertaining :) Driving 200 km a day - in Canada is not a problem. You could start playing golf in Entwistle (a very useful skill for networking in any place you get later ;)) Also three is only hour drive from Entwistle to Jasper (a BEAUTIFUL place in the Rockies :))
Thank you very Regina...

You are the best you have guided me alot , I already had a word with Airline they have given the quotes that's better than Movers and packers..

Do you have any idea from Edmonton airport to Entwistle there would be any shuttle services or i have to go by taxi.

Once i get settled there i will definitely explore Jasper which is you suggested..

Thank you for your help and suggestions...

God bless you !!!!!!

Rajan

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I do not think taxi is a good idea.
Too expensive. It is an hour drive.
Renting a car at the airport could also be an option. But I am not sure how it works for Entwistle.
You could use Greyhound bus
https://greyhound.ca/

Have you notice that there is another small place Evansburg just next to Entwistle across the river? http://www.partnersonthepembina.com/

But as I said - ask your employer. If not directly about a ride form Edmonton to Entwistle but about how to get there. It could happen that your employer will offer you a ride. As I said people in such small places are very good and generous in terms of helping each other.